GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. sauceman101

2012 GTI Squeal on Acceleration

Can't hear anything from your video. A squeal noise I encountered years ago on acceleration and couldn't track down for the life of me for some time, was a broken exhaust manifold stud, the one all the way to the driver side of the 5 that hold exhaust to back of head. The stud was broken off in...
  2. sauceman101

Water Pump Question

Finally at 129k first water pump began leaking, have everything out and ready to put back together, new water pump is BG revision. My original 2010 water pump doesn't have a two pin (assuming temp) sensor on the inlet elbow (thermostat). Pretty certain as it's a sensor it doesn't actuate the...
  3. sauceman101

Bottom of Vacuum Pump Oil Leak

I can get pictures at some point this weekend. But has anyone had an excessive oil leak from the bottom backside of their vacuum pump on the head? Fixed a coolant line back there two weeks ago and found that my largest oil leak was the vacuum pump, the bottom back of the three mounting bolts was...
  4. sauceman101

Wicked WRX accident

Seen carnage like that at even 80mph, hitting anything sideways that doesn't move at speed will do a number, glad he didn't take anyone with him. Darwin award nominee indeed though:(
  5. sauceman101

The Grand Tour (James, Jeremy, and Richard!)

Had a chance to watch it last night, pretty damn good imho. Some of the schtick is a bit old at this point, but I suppose that's part of what makes those three guys great. Awesome production level, good on amazon for picking them up! Here's to another 35 good episodes over the next 3 years!:thumbup:
  6. sauceman101

Wicked WRX accident

That video is what lead me to search the subie forum and find the article to see what the hell the deal was
  7. sauceman101

Wicked WRX accident

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Photos-show-impact-of-deadly-Bethlehem-car-crash-10625173.php#photo-11832396 Speed kills, slow down out there, especially on wet roads
  8. sauceman101

Broken Quick connect clip to fuel filter and misfires

Well I'd be willing to bet this is my issue Threw mostly cylinder 1 misfires, also multiple random cylinder misfire, the first start up it through a secondary air injection valve stuck open (p2440 I think) and a p502a "cold start "A" camshaft position timing, over advanced bank 1. Hopefully can...
  9. sauceman101

Broken Quick connect clip to fuel filter and misfires

Primed the motor for 30 seconds tonight after reinstalling the motor and broke a fuel line connection and started missing after. Touch of background, had the motor out and trans out to do the clutch, diff, rear main seal, cam chain tensioner, cam cradle seal, carbon cleaning and to replace...
  10. sauceman101

Help Identify Transmission Part in Oil

Fairly certain after going over everything again that it's the spring pin in the open diff that should live in that little hole. Problem solved. New races go in tonight and I'll measure the play in the diff and order a shim!
  11. sauceman101

Help Identify Transmission Part in Oil

First off, trans is out now for a clutch, diff, and RMS job. In the process of this job last week, I dropped the oil I found this little guy shown in the attached photos to the magnetic ECS drain plug (thanks ECS for probably saving the trans) looks like a rivet or a lock pin of some sort...
  12. sauceman101

COBB tuning?!

APR better get their shit together with these updated stage 1 and 2 tunes, or they're going to lose a lot of customers. Eurodyne take notice too. Took cobb long enough. Anyone else see this? or am I the first one to let the cat out of the bag?
  13. sauceman101

Depo LED Tails adapter mounting

Quick question, have searched DIY threads here as well as the cosmetic mods threads, if I've missed a thread covering this someone just post a link! I've had Depo LED tails for two years or so now. After putting the car on coil overs in the fall, the adapter/resistor boxes that plug in for...
  14. sauceman101

Exhaust, turbo, & intake questions w/ pics

Here's the problem, wish me luck that nothing else got damage
  15. sauceman101

Exhaust, turbo, & intake questions w/ pics

A few quick questions about the attached photos: backstory at this link: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98596 1) In the 02 sensor hole before the CAT on the CBFA motor, should I have that white stuff in there? Seems to be clothes almost like a fabric, not sure if that is part...
  16. sauceman101

P0299, fried DV rev. D and downpipe

Car went into limp mode NYE driving to a buddies wouldn't rev past 4K and 0 boost. Drove home a few friends in the opposite direction of where I live New Year's morning. Checked CEL, P0299 underboost, Drove home today in limp mode, car had next to no power, won't rev past 2k in gear, top speed...
  17. sauceman101

Camber plates w/ progressive springs on coilovers?

4 miles and the passenger side sway bar mount is slightly bent, I know there was a track day failure with these VWR first revisions, but good fucking riddance. Driver side as well but just a tid bit. https://vimeo.com/146467001 This is the play that I need to eliminate, a properly sized washer...
  18. sauceman101

Loud screeching noise from engine bay

So Tuesday night I was able to replace my SAI pump to kombi valve hose, that eliminated my P0491 and P2440 codes, still have the P0420 code as well as the noise. Without taking the intake off looking from the side the exhaust bolt seems good, there's a little soot, but idk that it's what you...
  19. sauceman101

C7 ZO6

Went for a ride in my buddy's father's new Z06 yesterday, quickest car I'd been in before that was a C6 Z06. Finally, I can say I've rode in a car as fast as middleweight street bike. Take a ride in one of these new ones if you get a chance, the noises they make....