0-60 times with just stage 1

nekkehd

Ready to race!

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Yeah ?^^^ I guess I'm just curious

bmxr

Ready to race!
$600 for +40hp (+20%!!!) is the deal of the century, and a big part of why a lot of people buy these cars in the first place... Our 0-60 times are not limited by a lack of power...

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
0-60 times tell you absolutely nothing, it is useless. If you want to look at how "fast" a car is look at trap speed in the 1/4 mile. A stock GTI traps 94 give or take, a stage 1 should trap around 101, I'm stage 2 and I've trapped 104. You may only shave off a few tenth of a second in 0-60 and in the 1/4 but your trap speed definitely increased. FWD just arent good from a dig. As stage 2 I will lose to a stock WRX off a dig because they have AWD and do 0-60 in 4.7. Now off a roll, no matter how low, I'll put 3-4 cars between us.

InuNeko

Using Dynolicious to Measure:
93 octane with APR's Stage 1 ECU Flash
Everything else Stock
P Zero Nero (All Season)
2011 DSG GTI
Launching at ~ 2600 to 2700 RPM
91 deg F

5.84'' Fastest
5.90'' Average

It guesstimated ~245 hp

Last edited:

InuNeko

I've been messing around with it and I haven't come up with a conclusive results. Finding the right RPM to launch at, and when to shift. My GTI tends to dip down about 2000 rpm for each shift. So looking at the Dyno from APR, I think the best shift points are around 6200 to 6500 rpm. But you can get to 60 in 2nd, but it will want to shift very soon after ~61 to 62 mph.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Stock with LC gives you 6.1-6.2 sec, as per most magazines. From what I feel, stage 1 will shave 5/10th, if you feather the gas on launch. flooring it will spin the tires all the way through 2nd. With a good launch the big gain will be seen in the quarter, I'm guessing 1sec better than stock.

P

plac

5s with stage 1 gti? i just dont think so. thats what my stock 135i did or so. after i chipped it i was at 4.7-4.8s. But I guess RWD makes all the difference too.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, I can't see being anywhere close to 5 seconds on Stage 1 only.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
With stage 1 you get that pushed into the seat feeling, that you don't get stock. The engine has the power you just have to learn to get it to the ground. Tires would help. I live in Chicago and don't want to swap twice a year, so it's all season tires for me.

SRT2GTI

Banned
0-60 times tell you absolutely nothing, it is useless. If you want to look at how "fast" a car is look at trap speed in the 1/4 mile. A stock GTI traps 94 give or take, a stage 1 should trap around 101, I'm stage 2 and I've trapped 104. You may only shave off a few tenth of a second in 0-60 and in the 1/4 but your trap speed definitely increased. FWD just arent good from a dig. As stage 2 I will lose to a stock WRX off a dig because they have AWD and do 0-60 in 4.7. Now off a roll, no matter how low, I'll put 3-4 cars between us.

In order for a WRX to achieve that 0-60, you have to take in account that the driver of the WRX would have to dump his clutch at 5K rpms. Not many WRX drivers like to do this very often (even with a better clutch set-up). Yes, those 0-60s are doable, but not by many "everyday" drivers, and certainly not without breaking something (at some point// New WRX trannys are slush boxes and the clutch is garbage). I don't know why so many people are hung up by 0-60 times...they don't mean anything.

To the OP, a tune changes the manner in which the vehicle drives. It'll have more boost, better throttle response and over throttle feel, higher redline, etc.. I have not had my GTI tuned yet, but I have had many many other vehicles tuned . I would describe the stock GTI as a fairly numb experience when you mash the gas. With the stage 1 tune, I'm expecting to have the throttle be alot more responsive and of course with the upped boost alot more mid range kiddy-up.

Last edited:

Stigosaurus

I'm stock & have used a g-timer on a rising grade on-ramp and gotten a couple of timed runs using launch control: 0-60s were 6.15 & 6.27. There's another ramp nearby that's more level & I plan to try that, too -- though it shouldn't matter much for a 0-60 time. This is on the OE PNeros. The better 1/4 mile time was for the slower 0-60 run: 14.62 @ 95.9.

Previously, I had an A3 (06 FSI) & managed a 5.8 0-60 with just a REVO chip. No LC, and horrible grip from the awful Pirelli P6 OE tires (much worse than the PZeros on the GTI). At the track, the best 1320 I ever ran was 14.35, and was trapping 98-99.5. I hope to get this car to a track a couple of times before the season ends.

I think a stage 1 car on decent street tires could do 5.6 to 60 with a great launch, and have seen stage 1 guys do 14.1 - 14.2 in the quarter mile. It would be tough to get under 14 on street tires.

darian

Ready to race!
For the GTI best stock i heard from a friend that has one is 6,5.
With stage 1 revo: 6,1-6.2
With stage 2+ the best of the best was 5.8 with street tyres (summer PS3 Michelin not all season crap)

Another friend that has an R did stock 5,4 and stage 1+ some mods not tune 4,5s. You can check his car here TEFF.

I cannot wait to see his numbers with Stage 4 Revo :D

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I don't know why so many people are hung up by 0-60 times...they don't mean anything.

Maybe if you live on the freeway. In town, 0-60 makes the difference trying to get in front of a long line of cars from a stop light when a bozo wants to try to stop you from passing, then cruise under the speed limit when you're behind them.

The 2.xx second difference in 0-60 between my GTI and my C6 is quite noticeable in this situation.

Stigosaurus: The G-Timers are fun for consistency, but rarely accurate... even when you do your digging to get all the data to plug into it to try to make it more accurate. Run it at a dragstrip and compare, you'll see they are quite a bit off from real times. Like I said though, they are good like a dyno for comparison testing where as long as you're testing apple to apples the numbers apply.