GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0-60 times with just stage 1

Coming from motorcycles... $600 is a steal for the power increase. I could easily spend $3K on upgrades and maybe squeeze an extra 10hp on my bike.

0-60 times vary based on your ability to launch but if you were to just go out on a track (not a drag strip) I'm sure you could easily feel the extra power stage 1 offers.

Sounds about right, full bolt on exhaust + power commander + custom map. If you want low end torque, you can go - 1 in the front, but I wouldn't recommend that. But then again, 10hp is a lot for a bike.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
0-60 is not the gtis strength..i've been too much of a bitch to officially launch my car out of 1st gear. 2nd/3rd gear punches is where its at cause #tractionissues although #yolobrah

also depends on dsg/stick.driver.weather/road conditions.tires.altitude. 3/5 door blah blah..if you really wanna figure it out..pop in gran turisimo 5..mod the gti power accordingly and do some 0-60 runs in the game. its pretty much official times...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Sucks that I gotta pay 600 bucks to get ALMOST close to my stock srt4 times of 0-60 but at the same time, it's a nice platform to tune and the cost of power increase is impressive regardless of what kind of times your running.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Sucks that I gotta pay 600 bucks to get ALMOST close to my stock srt4 times of 0-60 but at the same time, it's a nice platform to tune and the cost of power increase is impressive regardless of what kind of times your running.

srt4 is still a NEON, no matter what is done to it, they're such cheap cars.
the turbo on my buddies stock srt4 went at 75k… GTI>>>>srt4 NEON regardless of stock 0-60

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I just posted this in a different thread, but since this more dedicated 0-60 thread just popped up, I'll post here too.

If you are tuned, launch control is useless and slower. The fastest way to launch with DSG was posted by ILMGTI on here who got < 5 second 0-60 on stage 2. It's simple, in manual mode from a stop with TC turned off, just floor it in first, and as soon as your tires start to slip, upshift to second. I've tried this, and it is by far the fastest way to 60, although you need DSG for the super fast 1-2 shift.

Here is his thread... 4.85 sec with stage 2: APR Stage 2 0-100 km/h(0-62 mph)

The guy who posted it has since deleted the vid from that thread for some reason, but here it is:

That's not my video, but as I said I've tried this, and according to dynolicious I was also under 5 seconds with summer tires. Yes, it's just an iPhone app and not scientific, so I'm not claiming any sort of actual accuracy or definitive proof, and this should be taken for what it is. Still... it's fast. Faster than launch control or any other method I've tried.

It's also not subtle since you will squeal your tires pretty good. Tires are a big part of it. This video is my car in first gear going WOT from 1st and then through 2nd gear. Zero wheel spin in second, and only a little bit in 1st. Stage 2 with summer tires:

Jack14

Ready to race!
In a display of the twisting power available, I have measured (via OBDII) my 40-60 mph in 3rd gear at 2.1 seconds, letting off the gas at 4822 rpm. This was a single attempt after driving hard for 20-25 minutes, ambient temp was 67 degrees F. The best I've seen before the S3 intercooler, on the same road, with even colder temps, was 2.3 seconds. This is on the APR Stage 1 91oct file, with Carbonio 1&2.

Motor Trend records 2.3 seconds in the 2012 Evolution MR, but that's using second gear. 2013 Genesis 348hp V6 also marks 2.3 seconds, again using second gear.

Road & Track records 1.9 seconds in the 2012 R8 V8, once again using second gear.

Sure, these numbers have many variables. But it sure puts our practical, comfortable, quiet, economical hatchbacks into perspective.

My hatchback is just about none of those things.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
you guys are launching your MT's at 2.5k? and you are shifting at 6.2-6.5k?

My shift points are 5.2k, this car does not like to be stretched out close to redline the power falls off pretty quickly in the 5k range even tuned. K04 and stage 3 is probably a different story because the torque doesn't fall off so fast but the k03s don't like that

edit: just realize this is an old thread, why did you bump this :facepalm:

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
The best I got with stage 2 on Pilot sport A/s 3's was 5.8 seconds. But I hit that mark every time I measures it so could probably be a little quicker.

TKE Mario

Ready to race!

APR Stage 1 + intake + 55 degree night
stock tires and wheels:iono::w00t:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I dont know. But i know a stage 2 gti in a roll race put cars on a stage 2 STI.

zrickety

The Fixer
Subies are too heavy for rolling start.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
With torque app 6 flat on z1 star specs was my best, :cry:. A few 6.5 runs with wheel hop. Temperature was 50F.

Took the approach of shifting out of 1st as soon as tires broke loose. DSG.

Next time around, I'll need to see what the car can do in stock mode w launch control.