Ready to race!
Here is another 17" Enkei RPF1.

18" on non-lowered car.

And two of my other favorites:

TR Motorsport MT1

Neuspeed RSe05

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Digging the neuspeeds, I wonder what they would look like on a non lowered car...

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
18" for looks, 17" performance. If you're not building a show car 17" is the way to go for performance (lighter weight) and comfort (more side wall). 17" tires are also cheaper which is another positive. I have Neuspeed RSe05s and love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
I love my 17's!
Went from stock Detroits (18x7.5 w/ 225/40-18 Pirellis...52 lbs each!!!!) to my new wheels and tires 17x8 w/ 235/45-17 Continentals...37 lbs each!!!!
I saved 15 lbs per corner and got an extra 10mm of width, can't go wrong with that.
I still get 29-32mpg in the city and 36-39mpg on the freeway.

sdecker

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, know that Mk5, 6 and 7 GTIs sold everywhere else in the world except for the US come standard with 17" wheels.

If 17s are good enough for Alps and Autobahns then they're good enough for whatever potholed US curves and interstates can offer up. As well as less weight, less expensive tires, less harsh ride, less dented rims, less wheel-hop through bumpy corners, etc.

VWoA may be right assuming that US buyers want form over function...

Rock Strongo1

Ready to race!
Also, know that Mk5, 6 and 7 GTIs sold everywhere else in the world except for the US come standard with 17" wheels.

If 17s are good enough for Alps and Autobahns then they're good enough for whatever potholed US curves and interstates can offer up. As well as less weight, less expensive tires, less harsh ride, less dented rims, less wheel-hop through bumpy corners, etc.

VWoA may be right assuming that US buyers want form over function...

Good points. From a performance standpoint, the only reason to not run 17" wheels is if you have brake calipers that won't clear them.