GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1st gear lag almost caused an accident?

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
So I've been paying close attention to this and temperature (outside) doesn't seem to be a variable.

1st - 3rd gear at a steady throttle and watching my boost gauge I notice the needle rising up until about -2 to 0psi/Hg and then the RPM's still continue to climb while the boost gauge doesn't move, then there is a moment when both RPM's and boost climb at the same time. This happens in 1st - 3rd gear only.

I have a couple of theories on this.

1) it's the new revised flash that fixes this

2) there is a thread on how the Carbonio intake might be causing a vacuum within its own housing which chokes up the intake momentarily. (this only makes sense because at lower speeds the intake is sucking in air where at higher speeds the outside air is being rammed into the intake)

Just a couple of theories.

Any other thoughts are appreciated. I'm getting a reflash this Saturday so I'll know then if that changes/fixes anything.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
^^ I don't notice any surging in that video at all

What I do see is ZERO boost. If you hover right around 0psi boost, you probably will feel surging. That would be the DV and wastegate controlling the boost like they are supposed to be doing. Try to keep it around a constant 10in/Hg and see if you still have any surging.

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
^^ I don't notice any surging in that video at all

What I do see is ZERO boost. If you hover right around 0psi boost, you probably will feel surging. That would be the DV and wastegate controlling the boost like they are supposed to be doing. Try to keep it around a constant 10in/Hg and see if you still have any surging.

Well the surging is in the car itself, you can't really see it in the video. The video was just showing the complete loss of power while the RPM's continued to climb.

Turns out my Stage II Carbonio was the culprit though, enormous vacuum leaks. Put stock Stage II piping back on and all is well again. Email sent to APR along with pictures.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5298254-SoCalMK6GTI-s-Build-Thread

Last page has the pictures if interested of the damage. It's horrible.

ATC2

Ready to race!
I've had some scares also, I don't take as many chances anymore since confidence is low. I've been reading about the DSG tunes wondering if this would help.

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
got the update, appears that it was the same file I already had. Version 1.2 with no noticeable differences. Still have the lag

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
1st. Gear startles me & my passengers too! it pins me back in the seat & if I don't ease into it the tires tend to spin. I don't even notice lag anymore.