GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Camero RS vs. 2011 GTI

allset

Go Kart Champion

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
stock for stock you will lose. No questions asked they may be heavy cars but he still has 300hp our cars stock are actually pretty slow stage 1 and intake and you should take him easily.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
High school kids driving new GTIs and Camaros = fail regardless.

and why is that? Is it because some were able to go out and buy one for themselves at such a young age and you feel jealous? Or what? I'm 19 but i'm damn proud to say i'm paying for my gti no mommy/daddy money my hard earned money. Ya they co-signed and b/c of them I was able to buy one but regardless the monthly payments is coming out of my pocket.....just saying

I wanted a GTI so I worked my ass off to be able to get one. 2 jobs 40hours a week and full time college student making my grades.....fail?

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
and why is that? Is it because some were able to go out and buy one for themselves at such a young age and you feel jealous? Or what? I'm 19 but i'm damn proud to say i'm paying for my gti no mommy/daddy money my hard earned money. Ya they co-signed and b/c of them I was able to buy one but regardless the monthly payments is coming out of my pocket.....just saying

I wanted a GTI so I worked my ass off to be able to get one. 2 jobs 40hours a week and full time college student making my grades.....fail?

I hear ya im in the same position. Its a struggle...

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed

I think the point was the original poster's comments sounds childish and it worries me that there are kids out there on the road with that mentality. "I'm going to race you, you douche bag, cause you need to be put in your place" Doesn't that sound like a lack of maturity and good judgement???

Good for you working hard towards a goal but some will say if you can't get the loan on your own, you're not ready for a new car, just saying... I have grown children and I have loaned them cash or bought them good reliable used cars, I would never co-sign for a new one. If they wanted new, they had to get it on their own. No disrespect intended, just my opinion.

550 Born

McQueen77

Banned
To the OP: I'm curious, since mom and dad bought you the GTI, do you appreciate it? Is it your first car? I drove used beater Hondas and Toyotas for years before getting a new car. Had a job bagging groceries in high school. Yeah, bummer ha? The GTI is the nicest car I've ever owned and I'm 33. My parents have done pretty well for themselves but they never would have just bought me a big ticket item like that. They've helped out from time to time throughout my life, but how do you instill any kind of work ethic in a teenager by buying them a $27k car?? So you don't even make payments to them or anything? Are you also on their insurance policy? Actually kind of blows my mind but hey, lucky for you - sounds like they are doing great. You're stoked.

I totally appreciate the GTI because I'm comparing it to all the beaters I've driven in the past, but if that was my first or second car in high school, and it was given to me, I wonder if I would have taken it for granted. I'm not assuming that you are, but I am curious.

As to racing the guy in the Camaro and 'putting him in his place', come on man. Seriously?

Last edited:

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
To the OP: I'm curious, since mom and dad bought you the GTI, do you appreciate it? Is it your first car? I drove used beater Hondas and Toyotas for years before getting a new car. Had a job bagging groceries in high school. Yeah, bummer ha? The GTI is the nicest car I've ever owned and I'm 33. My parents have done pretty well for themselves but they never would have just bought me a big ticket item like that. They've helped out from time to time throughout my life, but how do you instill any kind of work ethic in a teenager by buying them a $27k car?? So you don't even make payments to them or anything? Are you also on their insurance policy? Actually kind of blows my mind but hey, lucky for you - sounds like they are doing great. You're stoked.

I totally appreciate the GTI because I'm comparing it to all the beaters I've driven in the past, but if that was my first or second car in high school, and it was given to me, I wonder if I would have taken it for granted. I'm not assuming that you are, but I am curious.

As to racing the guy in the Camaro and 'putting him in his place', come on man. Seriously?

His original question was "Am I going to lose to a V6 Camaro?", not, "Hey guys, am I making good life choices?"

McQueen77

Banned
His original question was "Am I going to lose to a V6 Camaro?", not, "Hey guys, am I making good life choices?"

my post had nothing to do with life choices. i was asking him an honest question. so why don't just go ahead and cram it up your ass?

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
my post had nothing to do with life choices. i was asking him an honest question. so why don't just go ahead and cram it up your ass?

I also try to act hard on the internet. troll

McQueen77

Banned
I also try to act hard on the internet. troll

No, I would have told you that in person too. Nobody asked you anyway. I was asking the OP a question. But I'm sorry for jumping in on this riveting thread about who would 'win', a GTI or a Camaro.

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
No, I would have told you that in person too. Nobody asked you anyway. I was asking the OP a question. But I'm sorry for jumping in on this riveting thread about who would 'win', a GTI or a Camaro.

Of course you would.

McQueen77

Banned
Of course you would.

No, you're right. I'm a total puss and I'm totally intimidated by your long list of mods as well as your avatar of a shaggy dog with a tie on.

allset

Go Kart Champion
No, you're right. I'm a total puss and I'm totally intimidated by your long list of mods as well as your avatar of a shaggy dog with a tie on.

:bellyroll:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I think the point was the original poster's comments sounds childish and it worries me that there are kids out there on the road with that mentality. "I'm going to race you, you douche bag, cause you need to be put in your place" Doesn't that sound like a lack of maturity and good judgement???

Good for you working hard towards a goal but some will say if you can't get the loan on your own, you're not ready for a new car, just saying... I have grown children and I have loaned them cash or bought them good reliable used cars, I would never co-sign for a new one. If they wanted new, they had to get it on their own. No disrespect intended, just my opinion.

550 Born

I understand I'm coming from first gen immigrant parents (dad and mom from the Phillipines came to the U.S. in 1988) and they are traditional Asian parents. Very strict. I had to prove to them and earn their trust to co-sign for me. Deal was this.....graduate with 3.9 or above and maintain a job for at least a year and the following year they would co-sign for my gti. I'm very proud to say I did my part of the deal. I graduated with Academic Honors 3.95 G.P.A. and maintain both my jobs and balance school no problem. So like I said I am extremely proud of owning my own GTI I worked my ass off for it :)

McQueen77

Banned
I understand I'm coming from first gen immigrant parents (dad and mom from the Phillipines came to the U.S. in 1988) and they are traditional Asian parents. Very strict. I had to prove to them and earn their trust to co-sign for me. Deal was this.....graduate with 3.9 or above and maintain a job for at least a year and the following year they would co-sign for my gti. I'm very proud to say I did my part of the deal. I graduated with Academic Honors 3.95 G.P.A. and maintain both my jobs and balance school no problem. So like I said i've extremely proud of owning my own GTI I worked my ass off for it :)

solid dude.