GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 CSG 6MT GTI Jansonchan226

Shit Janson. That sucks big time. I'd have been a raving maniac at the FQR causing the accident, but as everyone else likes to say, cars can be fixed.

I hate to see people lawyer up, but sometimes you just don't know how it's gonna go.

Don't forget to seek medical/rehab help for your injuries ASAP as the sooner you do so, the sooner you'll get back to normal, or at least as close to normal, as any of us are.
;)

I am not too mad because it can happen to anyone and the driver was not driving dangerously (not too sure tbh). Apparently No.1 Collision is the best body shop Vancouver has to offer.

Last time i got hit by a X5 (whats with me and SUV) on my motorcycle I was at fault apparently. I was hit by a left turning X5 and I was going straight. I thought I was 100% not to blame, but somehow the X5 driver included some random witnesses claiming that I was speed racing down the street(I definitely wasn't). And in ICBC's standing, they would pay less if i were at fault. In the end, I was injured with a broken bike and I was at fault because the other party called some lawyer and made some fake witnesses.

In short, I lawyer-ed up and shes dealing with ICBC now.
My back is hurting and I have been attending physio so its getting better.
Btw, the person who is at fault has gone missing.

thewheel

Ready to race!
In short, I lawyer-ed up and shes dealing with ICBC now.
My back is hurting and I have been attending physio so its getting better.
Btw, the person who is at fault has gone missing.

Wow, glad to hear you're doing better! When you say missing, like reported missing to the authorities?

Wow, glad to hear you're doing better! When you say missing, like reported missing to the authorities?

ICBC told me that they can't find the person so they can't validate that I am not at fault. So far, I have to pay for everything.

sh314

Ready to race!
ICBC told me that they can't find the person so they can't validate that I am not at fault. So far, I have to pay for everything.

WHAT? there was another car involved that could provide witness, would that work? and do u have the license plate and info for the driver? wow that sucks man :(

WHAT? there was another car involved that could provide witness, would that work? and do u have the license plate and info for the driver? wow that sucks man :(

See the thing is... its not the driver behind me's fault, its the driver behind her... There were no witnesses other than us. We do have his plate number, car and driver's license, but ICBC called and there was no reply. I was told that ICBC was already looking for him before, so i guess with this, he is probably in China enjoying coffee.

~slick~

Passed Driver's Ed
See the thing is... its not the driver behind me's fault, its the driver behind her... There were no witnesses other than us. We do have his plate number, car and driver's license, but ICBC called and there was no reply. I was told that ICBC was already looking for him before, so i guess with this, he is probably in China enjoying coffee.

Don't stress it. Doesn't mean if icbc can't get a hold of the person it becomes your fault. They have 30 days to try to contact the person who hit you and if not they automatically takes the blame. Just go get your car fix but you might have to pay the deductible at first but after 30 days you will get a letter telling you the instruction for refund.

Don't stress it. Doesn't mean if icbc can't get a hold of the person it becomes your fault. They have 30 days to try to contact the person who hit you and if not they automatically takes the blame. Just go get your car fix but you might have to pay the deductible at first but after 30 days you will get a letter telling you the instruction for refund.

Yea I am not too worried... I got it fixed already, I have been busy at work but I will post some pictures when I have time!

Review : ECS Tuning Dogbone mount insert (http://www.ecstuning.com/News/Volks...2007_2008_2009_2010_2011_2012_2013/ES2193007/)

Originally I was going to install the Autotech insert, but seeing the ECS Tuning mount so cheap, i decided to get it.

Install was pretty straight forward, but definitely harder than it looks... Its not that easy to get it in (much easier with the car on a lift). Make sure to grease it real good.

Starting the car I noticed a huge difference right off the bat. It SOUNDED much better than before, similar to the 2.5 mk6 i used to own (which is a good thing). I also noticed a huge increase in vibration in the cabin. You can definitely feel it with your legs on the pedals. Sound? maybe a slight increase in volume, not very noticeble.

Driving the car defintely feels different, different in a good way. It FEELS as if the clutch grabs harder, the car vibrates more at friction point. I persoanlly like how it feels, for me, its easier to engage and shifts more smoothly. The smoothness i feel is not the slippery feeling i get before i installed it (not clutch slipping, just how it engage). The incerase in vibration at friction point made the friction point much easier to feel and with that in mind, i was able to shift much smoother. Before the install, I sometimes have trouble shifting smoothly from 1st to 2nd, but now, even with different thickness shoes, I am able to shift very seamlessly.

I must note that I am extremely sensitive to NVH and the initial drive with the mount insert was borderline unbareable. Actual driving was fine, but at the red light, the pedals would vibrate like crazy which drove me nuts. Other than the vibration, there is no other downside.

Going into reverse the engine vibrates even more and because its reverse, I don't mind it that much. In fact, I sort of like the vibration going into reverse.

A/C on and off doesn't seem to affect NVH at all.

After 250km

Vibration definitely went down. It is much more bareable and the clutch still FEEL really solid. I never had wheel hop, so I can't tell you if the mount eliminated wheel hop or not, but the drive definitely feels much nicer. As I have mentioned earlier, I am very sensitive to NVH, and the mount is acceptabe to me. For people who are similar to me, this would be a very cheap and effective way to test your limit. I now know that I would not be able to stand the NVH from the engine mounts since this is just acceptable for me and swaping the engine mounts would increase NVH significantly.

Overall, this is a very cheap and effective mod for most people. For those who are borderline on this, I say go for it. Its cheap and it really changes how the car feel. Its 40 bucks and free shipping, what could go wrong... For those who are unsure about NVH, try it out. If you can't even stand this, I wouldn't change the engine mounts. Keep in mind that the more we mod our cars, the more noise and vibration is added to the car. It is purely subjective to what is acceptable or not, but this is a great start (and end for some people).

Review: ST Coilovers (got them from Darryl at HPA)
Price: low 700

Before the STs i was on H&R Sport Springs and that was a good ride, stock comfort with a slight drop. I want to drop it just a bit more and to decrease body roll so I decided to get the STs. I can't stand a full on track car as a DD so I try my best to find the median between comfort and performance. Now of corse if i had the money, I would get the PSS10s (I will probably upgrade in a few years), but the STs are the "best bang for the buck". I do not trust myself to do an install like this so I went to a local VW shop.

First impression: I didn't really notice the difference between the STs VS H&R Sport Springs. They set them to the same height as the Springs for now because I am still on my winters and maybe it will be more stiff if i lower more? On the highway its a little stiffer, less bouncy, but they are still very comfortable. Very similar to OEM in my opinion(on a DD basis). There is an increase in noise (squeak) going over speed bump and it becomes more obvious that the STs are stiffer than the springs. The STs are very acceptable even before breaking them in. These are very cheap (price) coilovers and I can't ask for more, they are comfortable and height adjustable. The next upgrade would be a pretty drastic one if i were to upgrade in the furture. Honestly, these are the cheapest coilovers i would trust on my car, mainly because these are Koni V1 equivalent. If you are looking for a track monster, you can skip these and go for the adjustable damper coilovers, these are too soft for some seriouse tracking. These are very comfortable for DD and they don't cost your kidney, which is nice. There are other coilovers at this price range (HPA?) and I can't speak for them but the STs are very nice and comfortable for the price range they are in.

Note: After installing the Neuspeed RSB, it reduced body roll significantly, but not entirely. I would recommend this set up for people who are looking for a DD set up + track days once in a blue moon.

Last edited:
Review: neuspeed RSB 25mm. (Group buy from Allset/supreme)
Price: 209usd.

Thank you Eric(Supreme) and Allset for creating this Groupbuy (and mulitple other ones). The whole process was fast, simple, and enjoyable.

Install was pretty easy on the RSB, jack up the car, put it on jack stand, take OEM out, pop Aftermarket in. (many DIY online).

I set it to stiff to give it a try first.
First Impression, I totally forgot I put the RSB in. Driving at city speed, I barely noticed it. Driving straight, you wont feel a thing. In the corners is where it does the magic, especially at high speed. There is no added noise or vibration, everything feels the same, even turning at low speed. However, you will feel a lot less body roll at higher speed (40km/hr+). Although it reduces the body roll significantly, its not very rough or aggressive. You will still feel the body roll and understeering, but not as much as stock. I personally think this is too civilized and I am looking into the Front Sway Bar as well. This is not a bad place to start, it is cheap and easy to install.

Review: Neuspeed Hi Flow Air Charged Pipe
Price: 136 USD

Finally got the chance to install the air charged pipe (Thanks Mike!) and it was fairly simple. I have a 2012 GTI and it didn't come with the noise pipe. Many people will suggest the air charge pipe is useless for car without the noise pipe. It was one of those thing where it was just cheap enough for me to get it just for the sake of getting it. boy am I glad.... immediately I felt a difference. The turbo spool much quicker, 80km/hr 6th gear and give it some gas, you immediately feel the difference. I think it is the combination of the Air charged pipe and the turbo outlet pipe that made it spool quicker.

Once again, thank you Mike for the tools and help!

get on summers!!!! :happyanim:

As you wish ma lord.