GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTI "The Wraith" Build

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Interested in those vagcom tweaks you have about the "comfort open and close" windows. What exactly do they do?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Interested in those vagcom tweaks you have about the "comfort open and close" windows. What exactly do they do?

That is the tweak that allows you to close the windows and sunroof and open the windows with the remote key.

It's fun to see peoples reactions lol

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Which wheels are you getting? I liked your current setup.

Not sure about the stickers though...

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Which wheels are you getting? I liked your current setup.

Not sure about the stickers though...

Don't hate on my stickers man. :D I am trying to control myself, I have two of the forum stickers I will be putting on when I find a good spot but after that I SHOULD stop, but I have a couple others I want. :laugh:

Stay tuned on the wheels, a picture is worth a thousand words. ;) I flopped around trying to decide on gunmetal, anthracite, and bronze. Once I thought I knew what I wanted I found out the weight was more than what I have now so it was back to the drawing board. I ended up spending more than I had budgeted but I am dropping 5lbs per wheel off the car.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Cool beans... I may be downsizing my wheels, 17s are tempting at the moment... It just sucks that it looks so much worse.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
That is the tweak that allows you to close the windows and sunroof and open the windows with the remote key.

It's fun to see peoples reactions lol

Oh I thought it might have been something different. But I can imagine it could be fun. Is vagcom relatively easy to use?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Oh I thought it might have been something different. But I can imagine it could be fun. Is vagcom relatively easy to use?

Yes and no. The interface is a pretty GUI (guided user interface) with buttons and menus. Tweaks that are well documented like the comfort windows, XDS, and fogs with high beams are easy. It is a lot of powerful tools in one though. So I would say easy to use, hard to master. Totally worth the money if you are a geek who just needs to tinker with everything. :)

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Yes and no. The interface is a pretty GUI (guided user interface) with buttons and menus. Tweaks that are well documented like the comfort windows, XDS, and fogs with high beams are easy. It is a lot of powerful tools in one though. So I would say easy to use, hard to master. Totally worth the money if you are a geek who just needs to tinker with everything. :)

I see.. I may just try and find someone local on here willing to do all of the tweaks I want for like 20 bucks or something lol.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Well it's been six months since I bought the car and bought my first set of wheels. It was time for a change. :lol:

Seriously, the Motegi's looked great, no complaints (they actually sit on my wife's Jetta now and look even BETTER.) but I decided to take my car a different route and black wheels didn't fit. So I spent weeks looking around pricing and finally decided on these.

TSW Nurburgring 18x8 45mm offset in bronze.

I wanted 18x8.5 so the 45mm would sit farther out like the 40mm Motegi's I had, but America's Tire swore they couldn't order them and TSW has no way to contact them on their website (which shows 18x8.5 45mm ofset with 5x112 bolt circle).....so I just decided I would grab these and then see if I needed spacers later to get the look.

As an added bonus, the Jetta came with Goodyear Eagle GT tires, and since we were trading wheels ANYWAY and those sexy tires are wasted on a TDI used for commuting, I was able convince the wife to "save money" and not pay to mount and balance 4 more tires. So we just pulled the Motegi's with the Pzero Nero's off and mounted on her car and they mounted my Nurenburgring's on the Eagle GTs. :):D

Here are some quick shots I took today outside of town.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I like em :) Nice pics too.

I want to see what that red jetta looks like with those black wheels also. Must be a pretty nice change.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I like em :) Nice pics too.

I want to see what that red jetta looks like with those black wheels also. Must be a pretty nice change.

I'll take a shot tomorrow :D It looks nnniiicceeee.

Today was SHOT thanks to dealing with getting the Camaro smogged. Barely had time to get the shots of my car. Camaro passed the tailpipe of course, so it's not polluting, but of course that's not good enough. Failed readiness on two sections because I had to replace the battery last week and the car is never driven to reset the tests.

So now, I have to find a way to drive a car around that is registered non-op because we were not using it but needs a smog check to get tags. LOL Need to get a smog check to drive it and need to drive it to get the smog check. Love this state and the EPA.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well sounds like a solid enough excuse to me where you won't get a ticket even if you get popped. I thought the plan was to sell the camaro?

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
New wheels are looking great. Love the look of bronze wheels with a black car recently. Is your H&R set the 1.5" drop one? Wanna get rid of that gap but I'm gonna be on detroits for a while. If you're on stock shocks how do the springs ride with them? Sorry I'm always on your thread but you have so many of the things I'm getting in the future.:laugh:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Well sounds like a solid enough excuse to me where you won't get a ticket even if you get popped. I thought the plan was to sell the camaro?

Yeah, that's the plan, but need to have it smogged and registered to be able to sell it easier. You interested? :D

New wheels are looking great. Love the look of bronze wheels with a black car recently. Is your H&R set the 1.5" drop one? Wanna get rid of that gap but I'm gonna be on detroits for a while. If you're on stock shocks how do the springs ride with them? Sorry I'm always on your thread but you have so many of the things I'm getting in the future.:laugh:

:D

Yup, that's what they advertise....these are the ones I got, the Super Sports;

http://uspmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=714

You shouldn't have any trouble dropping on Detroits, they are 7.5" IIRC and 53mm offset. As to the ride, well, it is rough when the road gets bumpy. Normal roads with some bumps and dips and such just feels firm and nice, smooth country back roads are just awesome. But if you hit a pothole, or a pavement crack/ridge, it feels like you're on a wooden roller coaster. LOL No big deal for me, not a DD, but something to consider if you do DD yours and live where road quality leaves much to be desired.

It's odd but after having the new wheels put on it almost seems to be riding higher by a little bit, but same size wheels and same size tires as before. Just measured and the front is 24.5" FTG and the rear is 24.6" FTG, could have sworn they were 24.5" all the way around a few months back. I think the different look of the tire sidewall is making things look different.

Also, downpipe was supposed to get started this weekend but TSW sent the wrong size hub rings, so they had to order the right ones. I plan to do the downpipe in stages due to a severe lack of time. I was going to spend a couple hours pulling the old one off this weekend and then put the 42DD on next weekend. But now I have to wait and take the car back down this week to get the hub rings put in.