GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Subaru WRX STI leaked!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The hatches had little baby wings, doe.

fr4c

Ready to race!
Would be pretty sad if they kept the 2.5 EJ, and left it manual only. They need to switch to the FA for the STi as well, unless they do something stupid and re-introduce a revised engine at a mid refresh or something.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OMG RACEKAR HAZ WING!!! OOOOH NOOOOOO!!!

Such downforce. Much surface area for picnicking with friends at the track. Many diapers could be changed on it. WOW.

Yeah they didn't look ridiculous.

sure they did. the whole fucking car did, cmon man... :laugh:

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
I think it looks good.. If they fix the ringland issue n if the rear seats fold down, ill buy it..

Ringland issue is overblown and mostly either a very specific build date, or on modified cars.

Rear seats already fold down, doubt they would lose that for the new model.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

barische

Go Kart Champion
Ringland issue is overblown and mostly either a very specific build date, or on modified cars.

Rear seats already fold down, doubt they would lose that for the new model.

Actually very highly documented on nasioc n iwsti forums.. From 2006-2013+ models.. Ringland % r about evenly decided across stock tune, pro tune, off shelf stage 1, 2.. Incidences increase more w/ higher boost applications.. No clear cut cure for it yet.. Even fully built engine r known to blow at 20-40k miles later.. Go read the forums before u get misinformed n misinform potential buyers from here.

Ihaterice

Ready to race!
What do u guys think pricing will be like? I'd like to see it in other colors. They should have kept the green accents from the concept, it would look sweet on black. I can't wait to see if there will be new performance specs and what they've updated but I'm fairly certain it will be like the last gen but with +5hp or some shit becausejapanmarketingmuchfasterwow

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Actually very highly documented on nasioc n iwsti forums.. From 2006-2013+ models.. Ringland % r about evenly decided across stock tune, pro tune, off shelf stage 1, 2.. Incidences increase more w/ higher boost applications.. No clear cut cure for it yet.. Even fully built engine r known to blow at 20-40k miles later.. Go read the forums before u get misinformed n misinform potential buyers from here.

^ bingo.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion

Well, I've seen anecdotal "evidence."

The attempts I've seen to actually compile data haven't impressed upon me that "omg if you buy a sti your ringlands will fail."

It's a "common" issue, that I don't think happens on nearly as many cars as we think becauseforumsexaggerateproblems. I have as much basis to make that claim as anyone has to say that it is an epidemic.

But, most likely, we shall agree to disagree. I'm not denying that ringland is/was an issue, just challenging the idea that it as big an issue as internet forums would have us believe.

trueturbo

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought they were suppose to make progress, the generation before this is way more aggressive, looks like they regressed in styling. ?