GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2618 klm and this happens DSG

tippah1

Ready to race!
In kings Cross sydney driving up to a T intersection. I stop then try and go and nothing but revs!! I try all gears turn the car off and on an off and on, The engine starts and is fine but no drive. I have had trouble since day 1 with a weird feeling of the clutch slipping feeling like it comes on boost then off then on when im at WOT, this doesnt happen all the time but i do notice it. It was booked into VW service to get this checked out next tues........I guess i got in a week early now.
Oh and no car there all booked out till july for a courtesy car so i call VW ASSIST and they tell me that because it happened within 100 kays of my place im not entitled to a hire car......
NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL BY VW.
This is my second GTI in 2 years and the after service is SHIT.
The pics are of the intersection where it happened.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 191

zee

Go Kart Champion
The symptom sound a bit similar to the recall on North American DSG vehicles about a year ago which was linked to the temperature sensor. Was it an unusually hot day and did you get the flashing PRNDS when you selected a gear?

It could be anything at this point. The mechatronic unit might be suspect since you have had an issue since day 1...or it could be one of the DSG clutchs...or the sensor above. What ever it is, I hope it is an easy fix, so you new car does not get ripped apart.

If Vw Assist wont help with a loaner, do you have VW Costomer Service number that you can call? Just express your disappointment(without raising your voice) with the way the situation was handled with your new car after being a loyal customer and see if they budge.

tippah1

Ready to race!
UPDATE..........Car has done the MECHTRONIC UNIT!!!!!!!
New one from GERMANY in 2-3 weeks so VW australia are giving me a loan car. I had suspicions all along something was wrong from the moment i drove it. Oh well hopefully this is all it needs......

tippah1

Ready to race!
VW australia has come to the party and supplied me with a hire car a HYUNDAI i30 hahahahaha....for 21 days at the minimum, Hope its as good as the GTI lol.

tippah1

Ready to race!
Dont start that shit here....... I had a look at the other thread and it seems if you havent got a hard rod in your hand all the time your not a real man....hahahahahah.

xenon

Ready to race!
You didn't buy from Barloworld, did you???

They suck!

tippah1

Ready to race!
yeah the DSG felt like someone was pushing the clutch in as the revs would gain then the clutch would let off for a sensation of being with a L plater learning to drive a manual but doing it in the upper revs say above 4500 rpm. And i felt this from the moment i left the dealers. I figured it might need a few kays to settle down as it had only 10 kays on it when i got it. It didnt get any worse as the kays piled up but then without warning i had nothing. No signs it was going FAIL. I previously had a dsg in my mk5 and it was faultless which is why i got another one.

tippah1

Ready to race!
HAHAHA Barloworld dont build VW's there just the middle man that takes your money and obviously treated you like shit.
No i got mine from wollongong. But its at BARLOWORLD FIVE DOCK getting fixed. And so far they have been very good ringing me letting me know whats going on and what time its going to take for the parts.

tippah1

Ready to race!
UPDATE......Went to vw today and the car has had a new MECTRONIC unit fitted.....and no success in fixing the problem. So now they are ordering a Complete New Gearbox for the car.... And i was told that there has not been a total gearbox replacement in australia so guess im the first!!