GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2618 klm and this happens DSG

tippah1

Ready to race!
Get the car back today after 5 weeks in the shop, Its been getting fixed longer than i had been driving it for. Hopefully its all sorted now!

CadMan

Ready to race!
Get the car back today after 5 weeks in the shop, Its been getting fixed longer than i had been driving it for. Hopefully its all sorted now!

Lets hope this is the end of your problems and now you get to enjoy the car. :thumbsup: Good luck!

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
who goes around talking about how awesome they are cause they drive a manual? oh ya....that guy back there does.

One DSG fails and he's right on it. We all drive the same damn car. The the Dsg is a nice tranny. Why would anyone be interested or wanna take the time to talk shit on it, especially when they drive the same damn car. Putting that "DSG is for babbies" makes you look even more like an ass.

Did you get walked on by one when you were just learning to drive and now you have childhood issues?

Drive a GTI with a chipped ecu and a chipped dsg...I'd like to hear you lie to yourself then. If you don't have anything helpful to add the pc off

pc

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
who goes around talking about how awesome they are cause they drive a manual? oh ya....that guy back there does.

One DSG fails and he's right on it. We all drive the same damn car. The the Dsg is a nice tranny. Why would anyone be interested or wanna take the time to talk shit on it, especially when they drive the same damn car. Putting that "DSG is for babbies" makes you look even more like an ass.

Did you get walked on by one when you were just learning to drive and now you have childhood issues?

Drive a GTI with a chipped ecu and a chipped dsg...I'd like to hear you lie to yourself then. If you don't have anything helpful to add the pc off

pc

AH-THANG-YA!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tippah1

Ready to race!
cars back feels 100% better. Service guy told me that it cost more than 11000 AUD to replace the gearbox!!

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Mine did this last week. A reboot fixed it, and it's been well behaved since. Still worrysome.

wildcars

Ready to race!
Mine did this last week. A reboot fixed it, and it's been well behaved since. Still worrysome.

What's a re-boot??

Like re-flashing the ECU?

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
This one DSG experience alone does not shake my confidence in the GTI.

The customer service response, on the other hand, is a different story.

Come on VW, step up and take care of the customer when an infant mortality issue like this happens.

whalesalad

Ready to race!
I know this is salt on the would and I'm gonna get flamed. But... this is yet another reason to stick (pun intended) with a Manual :)

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com

cswooten1117

Ready to race!
Analogy:
Manual is to DSG as NASCAR is to F1 or Old School is to New School or Tried and True is to New Technology.

I don't no about everyone else here, but I bought a GTI because of the cool technology and engineering that goes into the car and the DSG is most deffinitely part of that.