GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Today, got the SPM catted downpipe and 034 motorsport dogbone insert installed. I was surprised at how much the downpipe improved the car up top. I can definitely feel a difference immediately. The insert improved the shifting and connection to the car slightly. I think I still have alot of work to go on getting the car shifting how I would like.

Exactly, DP makes the top-end so much stronger! You feel it more when you have been Stage1 for so long.

Do you have the DG short-shifter? That with the 034 insert makes for a perfect combo :thumbsup:

D_Evl_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
What was your lowering height bro, beautiful setup
Are your rims 18s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
What was your lowering height bro, beautiful setup
Are your rims 18s?

Thanks! Yes, they are 18x8. I'm not certain of the actual lowering differences exactly, but I can get you my fender to ground measurements if you need them.

D_Evl_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! Yes, they are 18x8. I'm not certain of the actual lowering differences exactly, but I can get you my fender to ground measurements if you need them.

Yeah man that's a perfect figment I got 19x8.5 and my front wheels are poking out a good half an inch so I'm gunna have to roll my fenders and pop them out a bit too have the drop I want, I was just wondering for the ride height cause your drop is perfect man I just ordered springs that are 1.2 front 1.1 back I was hoping it was close to yours lol

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Full exterior detail today. Wash, clay, wash, V36 on the panels that needed it, glazed and sealed and a lsp of V07. Wheels were clayed, hand polished and waxed.

Looks great!

I have a Porter Cable DA polisher and V36 with an orange hex pad. What pad did you use?

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
I use an orange cutting pad with V36 and a microfiber pad with anything more aggressive than V36. You may need to step up to a more aggressive pad with the PC, as it's not as powerful as the others out there.

I'm going to try the V36 and orange pad. My car has very very minor scratches because I wash with meticulous method :laugh:

I think I may use V38 with a white pad to finish. Does the V36 and orange pad finish well enough?

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
The car really looks fantastic, I love what you've done with it. Definitely one of the best MK6s I've ever seen.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, congrats on being able to hold power! I wish I could've gone SMF, but it was a little more than I was looking to spend. Enjoy!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
TRACTION ENGAGED!

Now that I've got an upgraded clutch to hold power, it was time to focus on getting that power to the ground. Went with 225/40/18 Michelin PSS's. Steering response feels much better than the Falkens I was running previously. I wont be able to go all out with them until after the clutch beak-in period, but this tires reputation is enough for me.

eth767

Love it looks good! Makes me sad I have 2 more months till I am back in the states.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

eth767

Thanks for the compliment! Also, thanks for your service! [emoji106]
Between you and deepmit forums I actually just ordered and wish listed a bunch of stuff for my car. These 2 months are going to take so much longer.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk