GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Not only does the flute sound go away, but as its gets worn in you're going to hear a very nice sound when getting off the throttle at low rpm.

kramsdell

Passed Driver's Ed
Love your tasteful mods. Everything you've done fits so well with the car, and I like that you are keeping it OEM+. Will continue to follow. Thanks for the thread!

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Drove it today! Cloudy skies and empty roads. The most wonderful time of the year.

Agree with others here! Very subtle and classy! Perfect stance there, any lower looks bad imo :thumbup:

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks great, where did you get them?

skotcoop

Ready to race!
I definitely need that spring/wheel combo. Also those lights. We could be twins! Although I recently saw a pretty photoshopped white GTI on modbargains.com that had wheels with quite a bit of lip and it looked sexy as hell. So now I'm not sure what to do. Right now I'm trying to decide on an LSD during my clutch upgrade or saving for more power or wheels and suspension. I just don't know! Nice bokeh in some of those shots too btw.:thumbup: Clean setup. Makes me want to change some of the small things I've done haha. Ever get stopped for no plate?

clownish

just clowning around
Just upgraded to Höen foglight replacements and couldn't be happier. The match in temperature to the OEM xenon bulbs is near perfect and light output is much cleaner and brighter.

Were they cheaper than deAutoKey? I got some 6k fogs installed the other week - easy - but the resisters are super hot so I had to make sure they weren't touching anything... Like my buddy who melted his fender liners because they were too warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Do you have a direct link to your suspension? or Part numbers and more pictures? Also how do you like that Canon glass? I rented that same one and wasn't too happy with it. However the 70-200 f2.8? That thing was beautiful.
And which bulbs did you get from Hoen?

Last edited:

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I'm curious which bulbs you used from Hoen. They look like a spot-on match for our xenons. Looks great!

FezWerke

I love how clean your GTI is! It's definitely the subtle look that I was going for. I hope you don't mind me for using your modifications list as an inspiration for mine!

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Got the Golf R brakes installed yesterday.

The install was very easy. Direct bolt on replacements with a perfect OEM fit. Below are the specs on the setup I'm running. I also did the rear brakes since I had to bleed the system anyway.

FRONT
  • OEM Golf R calipers and carriers (smoothed & painted GTI red *see previous posts)
  • TyrolSport caliper stiffening kit
  • StopTech stainless brake lines
  • Centric high carbon rotors
  • Carbotech 1521 pads
  • Motul 5.1 fluid

I'm personally a huge fan of the Golf R brakes from an aesthetics point. They also perform excellent and are a huge improvement over the stock brakes in my opinion. They look HUGE behind the wheels. This might be my fav upgrade thus far.

Wow, those look awesome. Been meaning to upgrade my setup as well... I guess I can dream lol :drool: