Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Fine.

I'll wait.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Fine.

I'll wait.

Haha, that's how I feel when I'm at work. If the install is really going to be that quick then I will try and get it done tonight (I won't be home til 7:30 from work, but I'm usually up until midnight so it shouldn't be a problem, unless my mom refuses to move her car out of the garage).

robbop111

Ready to race!
does anyone know is the mkv also has a pancake pipe outlet?? i know wrong forum, but just wanted to see if anyone knows....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yes....same exact engine as the 09s

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Great - can you describe the differences you notice? Louder spool? Quicker boost? Any hums, resonance or other gremlins?

07Noside

Banned
+1 discharge pipe is an easy install, bi products of which will most likely be just a slightly quicker spool. If you had a new fmic and or tb pipe you should be able to flow alot more air which would equate to more power then just a quicker spool up!

BSH just dropped there tsi tb pipe and its a very nice looking piece and moderately priced if your looking for more new charge piping!

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
+1 discharge pipe is an easy install, bi products of which will most likely be just a slightly quicker spool. If you had a new fmic and or tb pipe you should be able to flow alot more air which would equate to more power then just a quicker spool up!

BSH just dropped there tsi tb pipe and its a very nice looking piece and moderately priced if your looking for more new charge piping!

You got a link to the TSI tb pipe? I looked on their website and only found the FSI. Unless they are one in the same...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Great - can you describe the differences you notice? Louder spool? Quicker boost? Any hums, resonance or other gremlins?

I have a DSG if that matters....

I added the Tiguan pipe and some of the sluggish-ness off the line went away

Then I added the TDP today (those pics were from my MKV, but the same thing) and the sluggish-ness is totally gone.

Well worth it!!! :thumbsup:

Overall boost is never gonna change. I have the AWE gauge finally hooked up (was waiting on boost hose) and because of the delay with the electrical gauge....I don't really have an answer if it's quicker.

No resonance or anything like that.

The noise pipe delete added some nice sounds in the cabin anyways. Downshifting sounds awesome....nice deep motor sound.

VERY VERY well worth it! (even though I already had it leftover from my MKV)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I really would like to get some dimensions. The fluid dynamics are bothering me. Has been for about 2 days now and the engineering is just not making sense.

mylesw42

Ready to race!
snobrdrdan, why do you think the neuspeed TB and Turbo outlet pipe have better performance over AWE/BSH combo? I think the neuspeed pieces are a bit more expensive also.

I will be getting both of these pieces, but I have already decided to go with the BSH TB pipe simply because I like how it has the threaded port for noise pipe delete, but also let's me re-use the noise pipe later if I want to go the DV relocation route, or water meth.