GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A_Bowers Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
guess so?

"Congratulations to Andrew Bowers for accepting a position at Drive SPM. Our Perrylicious fans saw you handling credit card payments at the DriveSPM booth at Southern Worthersee yesterday. We wish you the best of luck on your upcoming journey!"

Hope he didnt leave his solid utilities job for this, we all know how volatile these VW parts companies are.

Not sure if that's a reliable source? So confused. Dude may have just been helping out? But in for updates. This all makes my brain hurt.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
again a stupid question, but bowers has been an spm distributor for a short while, right? if he was helping them out at their booth it doesn't mean he's an employee.

translation: i'm...being...patient :mad0259:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
so much more stuff i learn about daily, but that stuff doesn't belong on these forums anymore. the vortex is where you learn about those things, if you choose to go there.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Just got off the phone with Bowers to clear some things up. I texted him asking what was up and he called.

As mentioned before, he will be taking a hiatus from the forums for personal reasons. I was not given details of such reasons but it appears he needs focus on more important things In his life, thus he feels the need to step back from the forums. I hope he does well and best of luck to him through his troubles.

He clarified with me that he was taking sales at the SPM tent under his own distributor status, Zero Light Racing LLC., to get some business shuttling through. These orders will be processed through SPM and distributed likewise. He assured me he is not working for SPM nor has he quit his Job with the utility company.

He mentioned posting reviews eventually about his sway bars and Unitronic tune but he needed some seat time to develop a thorough mindset and an accurate account of his findings.

Lets hope he gets through this well.

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Its a sad reflection on the community when a bit of competition in the industry results in personal attacks. There is a lot of it going on at the minute.
Would be great if people could get on with their own lives instead of trying to ruin others.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Just got off the phone with Bowers to clear some things up. I texted him asking what was up and he called.

As mentioned before, he will be taking a hiatus from the forums for personal reasons. I was not given details of such reasons but it appears he needs focus on more important things In his life, thus he feels the need to step back from the forums. I hope he does well and best of luck to him through his troubles.

He clarified with me that he was taking sales at the SPM tent under his own distributor status, Zero Light Racing LLC., to get some business shuttling through. These orders will be processed through SPM and distributed likewise. He assured me he is not working for SPM nor has he quit his Job with the utility company.

He mentioned posting reviews eventually about his sway bars and Unitronic tune but he needed some seat time to develop a thorough mindset and an accurate account of his findings.

Lets hope he gets through this well.

Thanks for posting back after charting with him...

Whatever you've got going on, Andrew, I'll keep you in my thoughts as you work through it.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Its a sad reflection on the community when a bit of competition in the industry results in personal attacks. There is a lot of it going on at the minute.
Would be great if people could get on with their own lives instead of trying to ruin others.

Not to take the thread off-topic, but he is guilty of it as well. You can only flip flop so many times before people start raising eyebrows. Sure, discounts and free tunes are nice, but the lack of respect that is displayed afterwards is just as bad as what has been said/done by others.

That's all I have to say about that. Andrew can deal with it all however he pleases. Judging by his short texts to me, I'm sure we're back to not being on speaking terms again, but don't dish it if you can't take it, dude.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
And if it is something personal aside from all the stuff on here, then I hope everything works out. I have nothing against the guy at all. None of this should ever reflect serious personal stuff.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I must have missed the drama.

On another note and nothing against Bowers but isn't it a little bit of a conflict of interests to have a Moderator that works with/for or is a distributor for any one manufacture? I mean this is a business for the owners isn't it? Where companies pay to advertise?

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Damn bs rumors fly fast as well as the hate. Kinda disgusted and this thread is not the place for it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Hope all is well bowers. For others on here...it's cars...cars. Yes I love cars too but some need to take a step back and realize how insignificant this "scene" is in the grand scheme of things. Then again some people can never leave high school... I.e. time to grow up.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Bowers was the first guy to man up and apologize to me after my biggest plac meltdown. He is the most stand up guy on this forum. I don't forget the good things either.. whatever he does business-wise is his business.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Bowers is free to make the choices he wants. As is everyone else. Everyone knows what's going on. Everyone knows all parties involved and everyone knows which side they want to take. If people want to talk about it, that's fine...but I don't believe his personal build thread is the place for it.

In the end, he is just a regular guy. I think he understands that life outside of the VW "scene" is more important to him. Lets respect that and move on. He will choose what he thinks is best for himself. If he wants to step down, that's his own matter with the admin he has already discussed.

This community needs to enjoy their cars. That's what we are all here for. We love cars and we love driving them. Lets focus on that aspect. It's the only one worth talking about now and days. We have people that don't even own a MK6 GTI, like myself, who still sticks around for the good discussions.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I consider you all my friends that share a common interest despite anything that you do. Everyone does wrong, but in the end we all love cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.