GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

aerodynamics?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Sweet. Love how it looks on CW. Can't really see it on my car. Don't know how it really helps, it just sticks on....but installation was super easy.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
At my local track there is a section where you have a right curve at the top of a crest (turn 9 at Calabogie full track). The car gets a little floaty in the front end and it can make the car unsettled in the braking zone for the next corner.

Would a front splitter help with keeping the front end planted?

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
its on my wish list.

nice ub

thanks, it is a nice addition. i know its crazy and that no one really looks underneath the car or care....but just knowing its nice and smooth down with some extra protection from dirt,road grime gives me a piece of mind.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Yeah, definitely something I want......come on lottery. :) Need to quit my job so I can mod full time LOL

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
At my local track there is a section where you have a right curve at the top of a crest
(turn 9 at Calabogie full track). The car gets a little floaty in the front end and it can
make the car unsettled in the braking zone for the next corner.

Would a front splitter help with keeping the front end planted?

Probably yes.

Don't expect wonders, but undertray + rear axle cover + splitter will at least reduce
aerodynamic lift by some amount thus adding grip at high speed corners.

However, suspension mods will be neccessary to give a greater improvement, say
sway bars + dedicated coilovers + bushings + roll center correction. If you suffer
from understeer, add front camber, if you want more overall grip, get better tires.