GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive k04 File: Tuner's, show me what you got!

Lou Maiuri

Banned
You need to talk with Joel, the Engineering Director. Hes a great guy, but he'll have to get his hands on your car and log EVERYTHING. Its usually a 3 hour minimum deal as he told me to get the appropriate logs he needs.

from there its a simple change :)

jmckay@goapr.com

As in having my car shipped to bama?

REVO is in West VA, might have to pick their brain.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
As in having my car shipped to bama?

REVO is in West VA, might have to pick their brain.

That'll do to.

From VA to AL is a simple 11 hour drive :) If you're willing.

A_Bowers

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
if you plan on custom tuning then this is worth looking into
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Forge_Wastegate/ES1899549/

there was some debate on these for the N54 turbos. As it turns out they provided worse results than the stockers.

But who knows how they'll hold up against the stocks on IHI/k04....

One thing to remember is the k04 can only move so much air in it's current form. I believe Arin said something about the exhaust manifold not being too adequate either.
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1045527&postcount=1299

A_Bowers

there was some debate on these for the N54 turbos. As it turns out they provided worse results than the stockers.

But who knows how they'll hold up against the stocks on IHI/k04....

One thing to remember is the k04 can only move so much air in it's current form. I believe Arin said something about the exhaust manifold not being too adequate either.
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1045527&postcount=1299

Grambles and I have been discussing a port job on the exhaust runners on the K04....heck even the IHI unit. As they are an OEM cast iron runner to collector, they are pretty beefy compared to a dedicated turbo manifold that several companies put out.

If you can open those runners up, you may see some gains in spool, EGT's down, and a decrease in back pressure. BUT at the same time you run the risk of removing too much material and losing its heat holding ability.

Cast is not great, inconel and similar high temp metals are more suited for that application.

BUT that also warrants a huge price increase.

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
We set both the stock turbo and K04 records with the same files that we give to every customer. We are testing a K04 file with more boost, coupled with the new DSG flash, that we hope will equate to even better times.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Any aggressive files laying in the recesses of R&D facilities of the big names: GIAC, REVO, APR, UNI. If so, let me know, I am willing to pay for the file to test out on my k04. I want an alternative to an off the shelf tune built for everybody. I.e. I'm diffren (2 Chainz voice).

But in all seriousness. I know you guys have them and I want one. Someone work with me here.

We can certainly work with you! Send me an email to john@unitronic.ca. :thumbsup:

Here are a few examples/videos that I had off the top of my head displaying a few Stage 2+ K04 files that we've done in the past. I'll see if I can dig out any others...

Top Speed:

12.7@119mph on Low Boost to avoid tire spin from poor track conditions

A bit off topic considering it's a TFSI, but here's another Stage 2+ K04 Seat Leon Cupra that made 380whp.

Last edited:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I just don't believe APR employees with k04 cars are running out the box tunes. I have a GIAC dealer right down the road from me. I'd be interested to see what you guys offer, Thomas.

APR dealer - 15 miles
Revo- 15 miles
Unitronic - 60 miles
Giac- 5 miles
RAI- 50 miles

I have about equidistant access to everyone so I really want someone to work with me haha.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Here's another from Greece:

I would highly recommend our Stage 2 DSG Software that we can tailor specifically to your wants/needs, along with our Stage 2+ K04 ECU Software :thumbup:

And a few Golf R's (TFSI K04's):

Last edited:

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
John@Uni--Have a high output TSI K04 file for me at waterfest and I will happily switch from APR. I wanted to switch over the winter but APR dicked me around for too long and I missed your sale by two days.