GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another misfire thread, P0300 & P0302

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
What intrigues me is that the car doesn't hessitate all the way to redline, it pulls hard! it's only when it's cold and all the way to warm up, once it's at operating temperature it's totally fine, though at stop lights I feels like something is exploding in the engine in a let's say, asynchronous manner, not uniform, here and there the car shakes a bit.

allset

Go Kart Champion
my preference

1 sunoco
2 shell
3 exxon/mobil

all 93 is not equal in octane. BP 93 has been know to cause misfires due to the way they calulate RON

nino196

Passed Driver's Ed
Always 93. I usually fill up in Mexico, when I started having this issue I used Chevron and made no difference at all.

I had a misfiring problem @ mid range. I changed part after part and couldn't figure it out!! I was desperate,, until one day I just started to backtrack and did realize that my problem started when I moved and was using the same gas station which happens to be a shell, long story short-I used a fuel system cleaner and now I'm using Mobil gas and no longer have the issue

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
I had a misfiring problem @ mid range. I changed part after part and couldn't figure it out!! I was desperate,, until one day I just started to backtrack and did realize that my problem started when I moved and was using the same gas station which happens to be a shell, long story short-I used a fuel system cleaner and now I'm using Mobil gas and no longer have the issue

I already used a techron fuel system cleaner with chevron 93 gas, didn't help a bit. In my case, I honestly don't think gas is the problem. I've been using the same gas for the last 10 months, this started after I changed the downpipe.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
If you are only misfiring on cold start up and runs good when warm it will not be your injectors.Tell them to clean the valves the proper way like allset did.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
If you are only misfiring on cold start up and runs good when warm it will not be your injectors.Tell them to clean the valves the proper way like allset did.

When it's warm it still misfires, it's just not as bad as with a cold start up, at idle you can feel it pop and also at higher gears/low speeds you can feel it hesitating a bit. If it's not the injectors, they'll see that did not fix it and i'll have new injectors in my car, which I will be selling soon anyway but yeah. They recommended the carbon cleaning service but I'm guessing they do the bg 44k system so I declined, that does little to anything to clean carbon deposits already caked on.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
Went to the dealer to take a look at my valves, I'll show you guys some pictures. My engine was replaced at around 8k miles so my engine is only 50k miles. That's pretty nasty for this mileage.

Talked to the mechanic and he said they would scrape the valves a bit, put some liquid in there and flush them, they will not look like new but it will help. That is more work than I had imagined, so for $175 I told them to go for it. I also told them to change the oil, but I'm not sure if that's really necessary.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
That is nasty,,,,glad you told them to clean them up