GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYONE IN NORTH CAROLINA

Cooktenstein

Ready to race!
Greensboro on the weekends usually. I saw a red mk6 the other day on battleground that had tinted windows. Not too many around Greensboro area.

iamgap

Ready to race!
Greensboro on the weekends usually. I saw a red mk6 the other day on battleground that had tinted windows. Not too many around Greensboro area.

Not a MKVI, but a red, bagged, MKV Jetta just moved into your area. He's good people, and may break out the camera if you sit in a parking lot for a while. He has a good eye, and takes awesome pics.

gap

jayk12

Ready to race!
No..But I've had work done @ Washburn Motorsports in raleigh, Their labor rates are slightly cheaper.

Cool, I have to redo the APR bench flash on my ecu & Blackforest are going to charge me $120 again. I need to find someone cheaper but I had it originally done there so I have no choice.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Cool, I have to redo the APR bench flash on my ecu & Blackforest are going to charge me $120 again. I need to find someone cheaper but I had it originally done there so I have no choice.

What happened that you need to get it done again?

jayk12

Ready to race!
What happened that you need to get it done again?

Well, I've only had my car for a couple months now (used 2010) and I just took it to a VW dealership for the first time Friday. They were supposed to do an oil change, rotate the tires & check the fluids but when I picked it up they told me there was a recall on the BCM and they went ahead and updated it. I was pissed that they didn't tell me ahead of time but I didn't say anything because it's still under warranty and they did the other services for free. Anyway, I called Blackforest and they said that I would have to bring it back in to have it bench flashed beacuse the dealership over rode the ecu flash. I never locked it or turned the setting back to stock, if that even matters, so I'm sure it needs to be reflashed. Sucks that I have to pay it again 2 weeks later!! I don't have the cash so I'm going to wait a while...

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Shouldn't need to be bench flashed again.

The only reason they bench flash it is to physically put the chip in there.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Shouldn't need to be bench flashed again.

The only reason they bench flash it is to physically put the chip in there.

No, there are no physical chips used on the MK6. The reason they have to bench flash a stock tuned ECM is because they have to physically jump or short something in order for the aftermarket tune to over write. Once you have a tune, that software will allow for overwriting.

I remember guys talking about that BCM flash update. It should not have done anything to your ECM. They must have also ran a broad software check and flashed your ECM back to stock. Sorry to hear about it man.

jayk12

Ready to race!
No, there are no physical chips used on the MK6. The reason they have to bench flash a stock tuned ECM is because they have to physically jump or short something in order for the aftermarket tune to over write. Once you have a tune, that software will allow for overwriting.

I remember guys talking about that BCM flash update. It should not have done anything to your ECM. They must have also ran a broad software check and flashed your ECM back to stock. Sorry to hear about it man.

Thanks, I'm going to have them check it while I'm there to verify whether or not the flash was over written. I have the instructions on setting it, etc but I'm not sure I will know whether or not it's working. The car definitely feels slower/different than it did before I took it to the dealership.

CarolinaBeachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone near wilmington? I knows theres a couple of guys around... I raced a Black one with black wheels a couple of months ago.... Looking for some fellow dubbers to hang with... Also looking for a good speed shop in the area..

iamgap

Ready to race!
Anyone near wilmington? I knows theres a couple of guys around... I raced a Black one with black wheels a couple of months ago.... Looking for some fellow dubbers to hang with... Also looking for a good speed shop in the area..

NCDubs.org

There is a fair amount of Willmywood dubbers. I believe one or two Tuesdays a month there is a hangout at Flaming Amy's. This is more than Dubs, but there are several Dubbers there.

Here in Jacksonville, we meet every Wednesday evening at Waffle House, at 7pm. It is the Waffle House on Hwy 17 and Onslow Drive.

Tomorrow we are meeting at National VW for the second Kasual Kar Schau. This is from 11am to whenever.

gap

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion

NCDubs is crap.

There used to be a couple cool dudes in town, but they deployed.

Now it's just a few of us. (Me, you, MK6DSWEEEE, and a guy named Josh.)

We do need a shop.

National Speed won't touch our cars, and GSM can't stay in one location long enough to go check them out.

There is a Cars and Coffee meet every Tuesday night from 7:30 on, at Nicola's Italian Restaurant. Lots of BMW guys.

Other than that, the ILM scene sucks.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
NCDubs.org

There is a fair amount of Willmywood dubbers. I believe one or two Tuesdays a month there is a hangout at Flaming Amy's. This is more than Dubs, but there are several Dubbers there.

Here in Jacksonville, we meet every Wednesday evening at Waffle House, at 7pm. It is the Waffle House on Hwy 17 and Onslow Drive.

Tomorrow we are meeting at National VW for the second Kasual Kar Schau. This is from 11am to whenever.

gap

See, Jville kills us as far as a scene.

:lol:

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Saw a CSG GTI with CC spiral spoke 18"s yesterday in Greensboro. Looks like it had a drop on it. It looked real good.