Ready to race!
Next revolutionary product:

APR Presents: Ultra lightweight APR Truck Nuts for the mk6

p1fiber.jpg

Only $599

No balls.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
There is no better way to get my business than to admit when you screwed up, and try to make it right. There is no worse way than to screw up and try and deflect blame.

Sad squandering of a wonderful brand.

This. So much this.

Sent from an abacus

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Lawyer: they're made by corsa. Throw them under the bus.

APR: DEAL

and....why not. What if corsa has bee selling them lies too?

look, I'm never gonna pay 1500 bucks for a turbo back exhaust when the same things exist for ~70% less, so i "have no dog in this hunt"

i have an APR tune. they make good stuff in my experience in this car and my previous. I think this is probably an isolated incident, abet unfortunately with one of their more popular products.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion

dave80

Go Kart Champion
and....why not. What if corsa has bee selling them lies too?

Doubt that. Apr asked for that latest RSC design from Corsa since it's cheaper to build and costs less money to buy it. Looks like APR just forgotten to update their sales page and mislead many buyers thinking they were receiving the superior RSC product shown on APR's site.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

Kato

Ready to race!
Wow. Speechless. Astounding to see this is the business model APR chose to reward loyalty.

BP11

Banned
Do other companies offer port flash tuning? I still have to get my Stage 1 (probably this spring or summer), and I still prefer not to risk ECU removal.

Not that I mind getting APR's tune, since theres probably no real reason not to ;o

APR's stock turbo tunes don't really make that good of numbers and have been reported to be 'surgey'

Sweet thanks! I guess by the time Spring comes, I'll have more options ;]

Driver Motorsport also offers port flashing... I have heard rumor that the next development for mk6 cars will be making flash tools that the customer can use to perform the initial flash. I guess waiting pays off lol

Doubt that. Apr asked for that latest RSC design from Corsa since it's cheaper to build and costs less money to buy it. Looks like APR just forgotten to update their sales page and mislead many buyers thinking they were receiving the superior RSC product shown on APR's site.

"forgotten"...riiiiight....

Wow. Speechless. Astounding to see this is the business model APR chose to reward loyalty.

Yep, APR's response to this looks to be the final nail in their coffin

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
So I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything that has been said. And maybe I haven't been following this like I should have been to be up to date on all of this.

However, going off of what the pictures show other than the one I saw of the stamped RSC pic. Which has its potential flaws as well. I don't see anything that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that those are APRs RSC exhausts.

Maybe in wrong in that statement, but I don't see it. As for the tech in the other photo, does anyone know what the majority of dealer techs wear? Basically that same shirt.

This is putting patent issues aside as well.

Just some thoughts I was hoping that I might be able to get some more clarity on.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
So I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything that has been said. And maybe I haven't been following this like I should have been to be up to date on all of this.

However, going off of what the pictures show other than the one I saw of the stamped RSC pic. Which has its potential flaws as well. I don't see anything that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that those are APRs RSC exhausts.

Maybe in wrong in that statement, but I don't see it. As for the tech in the other photo, does anyone know what the majority of dealer techs wear? Basically that same shirt.

This is putting patent issues aside as well.

Just some thoughts I was hoping that I might be able to get some more clarity on.

Nah, I think there's a reason APR's cutting these exhausts open.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
But, how do I know they are APRs exhausts. Other than someone saying, " these are APRs exhausts, they told me so".

Personally I see no proof there. But that's just one guy. Lol

jshay

Go Kart Champion
But, how do I know they are APRs exhausts. Other than someone saying, " these are APRs exhausts, they told me so".

Personally I see no proof there. But that's just one guy. Lol

Not sure if you even read all that was provided but they discuss that here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7072296-APR-Needs-Some-Explaining-To-Do/page10

Read up on crew219's experience with APR if you have the time too.

Also see how APR handled this situation. Instead of their typical comments putting down consumers, they went silent for 2 days. Kept on reading the thread but never responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.