GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR K04 VW Golf GTI vs Chevrolet Comaro ZL1

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
I remember reading in the camaro ss vs stage 1 gti thread that a k04 gti should be close to an SS. Lol. Nice runs.

andrei_don

Thanks!)

APR K04 VW GOlf GTI specs:
- APR K04 kit
- APR K04 Carbonio Stage2 intake
- APR K04 Intercooler
- APR Exhaust
- APR 100oct flash
- Something else :)

Baldeagle

Ready to race!
I am equally impressed that your camera bracket did not blow off at 155+ mph speeds.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
DAMN. That's incredible!

Thanks!)

- APR K04 kit
- APR K04 Intercooler
- APR Exhaust
- APR 100oct flash

Something else?! What, like a GT30 compressor in series? lol

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Good runs OP. looked like the zl1 driver was getting more comfortable with the car after each run.

I remember reading in the camaro ss vs stage 1 gti thread that a k04 gti should be close to an SS. Lol. Nice runs.

LOL indeed.
A zl1 traps around 114-116 in the 1/4 mile. Likely the op's car traps about the same, based off the dyno sheets he has put up. And me guessing at what i think it weighs. His car is definitely the exception not the rule when it comes to a ko4 powered car.
Not to detract from the op, but all I saw was two cars with close to equivalent power to weight separated by driver skill. It's obvious towards the end the camaro driver is learning how to anticipate the situation.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion

A K04 GTI typically traps around 109-111, and that's what a stock SS traps. So yes, a typicall K04 would be close to a stock SS. This guy is running 100 octane and "something else", therefore not performing like a regular K04 GTI. Look at your fast list, and then eliminate DRs and slicks from there and see what the fastest times are, or compare stock fast lists with DRs and slicks on an SS.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Thanks!)

- APR K04 kit
- APR K04 Intercooler
- APR Exhaust
- APR 100oct flash

Nos?

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
A K04 GTI typically traps around 109-111, and that's what a stock SS traps. So yes, a typicall K04 would be close to a stock SS. This guy is running 100 octane and "something else", therefore not performing like a regular K04 GTI. Look at your fast list, and then eliminate DRs and slicks from there and see what the fastest times are, or compare stock fast lists with DRs and slicks on an SS.

You, Sir, also have to keep in mind the fact that these are roll races from xx-xxx Km/h. Huge advantage in the GTI's favor not having to deal with traction related issues.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
You, Sir, also have to keep in mind the fact that these are roll races from xx-xxx Km/h. Huge advantage in the GTI's favor not having to deal with traction related issues.

What exactly is your point? The gti isn't magically faster from a roll, just because its from a roll. If the power to weights are close the races are close.

interestingly enough i've seen quite a few videos of GT mustangs pulling on K04s GTI

^ this made me chuckle.

I wonder if the camaro and mustang forums get this excited over taking down a k04 gti?