GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage II+?

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Okay, as I posted in another thread, I recently added water meth and bumped up to the 100 tune on my Stage1 from APR.

Now, the APR site has dyno graphs and power listings for the Stage1-stock/91/93/100.

Power (HP) 200 HP 250 HP 254 HP 273 HP
Torque (LB-FT) 207 TQ 294 TQ 297 TQ 337 TQ

But, for the Stage2, it doesn't. It simply lists on the dyno graph that on 93, they saw 276/314. That's +3hp/but -23ftlbs from what I'm supposed to be seeing now.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what it might put out at the crank on the Stage2 100 tune?

:iono:

Thanks in advance for any/all insight(s).

I'm also adding a Forge Twintake to the mix, along with full custom-built 3" turbo-back exhaust.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Why not do a dyno run yourself? :D after your exhaust, of course

And how was the W/M inj install?
Straightforward?
Where's the DIY!? :p

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
273/337 hp/tq is for APR Stage 1 on 100.

276/314 hp/tq is for APR Stage 2 on 93.

Based on the jump 100 made over 93 for Stage 1 (+19 hp, +40 tq), I would guess somewhere around 290/360. It's tough to say though, I've seen dyno graphs that show that Stage 2 actually decreased torque numbers over Stage 1.

SixZeroFour

Ready to race!
WOW! This is the first time I think I've seen the power numbers listed for the 100 program. I had no idea there was that kind of gain possible from just switching fuel. No d/p or intercooler required either!

... I'm off to find some race fuel!!!

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Why not do a dyno run yourself? :D after your exhaust, of course

And how was the W/M inj install?
Straightforward?
Where's the DIY!? :p

I plan to, was wondering if anyone had gone this route or had an answer prior to my attempts. You know, to see if expectations are met, yadda yadda.

As for w/m, it's fantastically easy. There's a plastic plate, that's OEM, that's basically built to hold the pump.

I mounted the controller and a power toggle in the tray area. One of the blanks was removed and the toggle fit perfectly...after dremmel had its way.

I have it set at first spraying at 2psi, then at 15 for full spray.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
No, just different angles of the same crap. I suck at pics. :(

Plus, I used the washer fluid reservoir, tapping it at the very bottom, so there's nothing special about any of that.

I use Peak -20*F fluid, with several bottles of HEET added in for extra Meth. I figure I'm running about a 45% meth mix right now. The Peak is only 28%, so adding HEET gives it that extra oomph.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Just from what I learned on my last car. You can use windshield washer fluid as long as you make sure it is the Methanol kind. Some kinds will be made with Ethanol. There are also some chemistry sites you can order 100% Methanol from there was a place in the UK that I got mine from and it was like 10 GBP for about 5L so thus making about 10+L worth of spray. On a track day I use to put ice in the tank and let it sit for a while waiting for it to melt some making a good mixture and it was even colder too.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Yeah, a lot of the ones with pink or green coloration are made with ethylene glycol (a.k.a. antifreeze), which is bad, bad, BAD, to use. They're also usually listed differently as a cleaner/anti-freeze for windows.

USUALLY, the blue stuff is good to go, just differs on the amount of methanol in it from company to company. HEET is 98% methanol, so if you add a couple bottles, it ups your total meth % pretty fast.

I'll probably just get one of those bigass jugs o' meth and do my own mixing.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I'll probably just get one of those bigass jugs o' meth and do my own mixing.

I second this thought with pure meth you know there are no additives.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Because Forge is slower than shit with their Twintake.

Stage 1 doesn't NEED an intake.

Also, everything was supposed to go on at once but got tired of waiting for Forge.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
It all depends on the amount you're spraying and when it comes on (PSI settings on controller).I've been filling up a lot, but that's more due to my giddiness.

Benefits? It's basically a chemical intercooler, meaning it cools intake temps AfTER the turbo. That, and increasing octane so I can run a better tune. Plus, the meth keeps the internals cleaner.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
how much did this cost you in the end? I'm interested...