GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage III Install Vid

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Cool vid. Funny how Sigur Ros just seems to work with time lapse stuff.

Don't think APR could have picked a better guy for the winner - you're pimping it like a pro. Great work on the title too!

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
You forgot to put the left wheel on...

turbor850

Ready to race!
Thanks for sharing how its done.
How much was the install ?
Didn't you dyno the car ? If so, whats whp ?

vw4evan

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool vid. Funny how Sigur Ros just seems to work with time lapse stuff.

Don't think APR could have picked a better guy for the winner - you're pimping it like a pro. Great work on the title too!

Haha after 5k of free parts I feel it' is my duty to promote the f*** out of this upgrade and my design obsession forces me to go with silly graphics and fun ideas. Stage III is just something that people want to see. And the song is Jónsi - Sticks & Stones.

PS: the left wheel was definitely put on (I stepped away from the camera for that part :mad0259:)

PPS: I dynoed the car on a warm day and put 338whp down. Those are the next vids. ;)

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Haha after 5k of free parts I feel it' is my duty to promote the f*** out of this upgrade and my design obsession forces me to go with silly graphics and fun ideas. Stage III is just something that people want to see. And the song is Jónsi - Sticks & Stones.

D'oh, should have known that, I just bought his new(ish) album a couple weeks back. Of course, he's the frontman for Sigur Rós so I was close ;)

vw4evan

Passed Driver's Ed
D'oh, should have known that, I just bought his new(ish) album a couple weeks back. Of course, he's the frontman for Sigur Rós so I was close ;)

It's funny you mentioned that, because you had me questioning his origins. As I looked him up it totally makes sense. Still damn great music.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
PPS: I dynoed the car on a warm day and put 338whp down. Those are the next vids. ;)

Not to mention, that was with the STOCK CATBACK and uncorrected. I just checked and your highest run was 339 uncorrected and 361 with SAE corrections.

We did 6 pulls for you so if I have a free chance I'll grab the data, average all 6 runs, only correct for temperature so it's normalized at 77F and post up the results of your car. Just applying the 'SAE' correction stuff is usually pretty overzealous. :)

Again, thanks for the video. It's freaking top notch and I love that intro graphic.

[edit] Got your figures!

Average Uncorrected Wheel
313.71 - WTQ
336.84 - WHP

Average Corrected Wheel
316.45 - WTQ
339.79 - WHP

Average Uncorrected Crank @ 10% DTL
348.56 - TQ
374.26 - HP

Average Corrected Crank @ 10% DTL
351.62 - TQ
377.54 - HP

Average Temperature during runs (Min/Max because this data is averaged at each RPM):
Min: 85.966667
Max: 86.500000

Average Correction factor based on temp (Min/Max because this data is averaged at each RPM):
Min: 1.008324
Max: 1.008816

You take the uncorrected WHP number Divided by the correction factor to get the corrected figures.

Not bad my friend. Not bad at all! Every run you did was really consistant and right on top of each other. I compared your runs to Gigon's and he faster spool with the larger exhaust by a few hundred RPM's and a bit more in the midrange. Pretty much even all over though.

Here are the graphs in this order, Uncorrected wheel, Corrected Wheel, Uncorrected Crank, Corrected Crank

Last edited:

vw4evan

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome video. Great numbers also, however, I can't imagine all that power on a FWD vehicle. How's your wheelspin?

It's present in first and second. The shocker is... it doesn't seem as torquey as with a Stage I flash. After 4k in first, traction is a faint memory. In second it's slightly pulling loose. Then from 60-160 there's plenty of traction.. and pull haha.