GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR TSI K04 Software vs AWE/GIAC TSI K04 Software

honkbruno

Ready to race!
You're subjecting those engines to more stress than they were built for. You know they're going to blow up at 50,000 miles don't you? :rolleyes:

msm00b

Ready to race!
Moral of this story?

6MT > DSG

:lol:

Nice performance on that GTI there ... what's the price for the full K04 kit from stock?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I bet you Todd and Alex are PISSED!!!!!!!!!!

Good work APR!

msm00b

Ready to race!
How does the K04 stand up to the stage 3 kits currently available for the MK6 models?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
How does the K04 stand up to the stage 3 kits currently available for the MK6 models?

Stage 3 still trumps. The k04 spools only a couple hundred RPM sooner (250ish) but is down about a solid 20 WHP from 3000 - 5500. After 5500 the K04 starts to die off and power levels drop. The stage 3 keeps going and by redline the stage 3 has another 45-50 whp on top of the k04. This is right in the meat of the power band where you'll be when you're racing.

Also, the stage 3 system is not tapped out. The k04 has a little more room left in it but not much. The stage 3 still has more room left in it.

With later upgrades down the road such as cams the stage 3 will be able to gain even more up top. From there, the stage 3 system also has the added benefit of even more power with possible turbo upgrades and so on. Stage 3+? We'll see! Essentially the system has more room to grow.

Basically, since the stage 3 system spools almost as fast as the k04, the k04 doesn't have a jump on it like it did with the FSI system. both are lightning fast, but the stage 3 trumps it right from the get go.

If I had to choose, I'd go stage 3 on this w/o a doubt.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I want a T88 in the hatch, pumping more power to that 2liter bottle of fun.

:D

Make it happen, Cap'n!

msm00b

Ready to race!
Thanks Arin, within the next year I'll take care of a few of the more minor performance and cosmetic mods (downpipe_stg2/tint/wheels/tires/sways/springs). My big goal after those are taken care of will be total exhaust and a stage3 kit.

msm00b

Ready to race!
Considering I dropped 27k on a new car when my wife said my limit was ~20k, the issue is more about letting her cool her heels before I drop another few thousand on it for reasons she'll never appreciate. Whatver, though ... if I've gotta work 80+ hrs a week, I'm allowed to afford myself a few extra pleasures here and there.

If driven conservatively, will stage 3 really negatively impact my gas mileage?

PS: I'm from Enterprise AL (actually took a chick from Opelika to her prom in 2001) and will have my 10th HS reunion next year. Do you guys have any models at your HQ in Opelika that I could ride shotgun in? It would be about the time I'd consider dropping a fat wad on stage3.