GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR TSI K04 Software vs AWE/GIAC TSI K04 Software

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Video doesnt work here, at apr.com, or on youtube, so im guessing APR took it down after they either a) lost horribly to the substantially more powerful and superior GIAC tune, or b) they got caught cheating by doing something like severe weight reduction in their car while adding bags of concrete to the GIAC car......

Get real guys. Anyone who knows anything knows GIAC is the superior software for performance.

or c) so many people are watching t3h pwn4ge its out of bandwidth and they need to renew it.....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Disregard lulz to KurtP

Last edited:

Axleman

Ready to race!
I cant view the video (government computer)... What is happening?

It's a video of two GTIs, each has the AWE KO4 turbo kit. One has Giac software & DSG and the other has APR software & 6MT. They are racing on the highway,... I mean on a closed course (three honks then floor it kind of thing.) The APR car, well... omgwtfbbqpwns the GIAC car. Several times. The Giac car then gets retuned to APR software and they race several more times, running pretty much even each time (with some advantage to the DSG car). Then Arin's camera falls off the the car. The End.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I cant view the video (government computer)... What is happening?

good. stop wasting my tax dollars surfing around here and get back to work. You are probably over-paid anyway.
:23:

ladringan320

Ready to race!
good. stop wasting my tax dollars surfing around here and get back to work. You are probably over-paid anyway.
:23:

Didn't you know? The more you get paid, the less work you do... It's the American way:thumbup:. We get busy though, our mission isn't so busy here on this base is all.

Anyways, thanks for explaining the video to me. I was uber curiuos to what was happening.

Andrew@GIAC

Arin, I have not spent much time looking at your posts in the past, but after researching a few over the last couple days, I am starting to think that you are obsessed with our company. All this attention...Listing the video as GIAC vs APR,etc, when you know that the AWE-Tuning car has a calibration created exactly to AWE-Tunings specifications for their kit. AWE asked GIAC several times during the calibration process to bring the power down throughout the rev range due to their concerns over EGT's and the longevity of the turbo. Todd from AWE has already alluded to this on other threads after your inflammatory posts. You have ignored them. That's expected as it serves your marketing purpose to do so.

It seems that much of your marketing lately includes GIAC but no other tuner, I can only assume that this is because you view GIAC as the market leader in performance software. You also choose very apples to oranges comparisons, attempting to make your company look good on the GIAC scale.

I don't fault you for trying to improve your company's reputation, in fact, I appreciate your recognition that GIAC products are the ones that you should try to measure up to. If you continue to show this one comparison of a GIAC custom calibration that had client-specified boost limits to the APR calibration with APR-specified boost limits and pass it off as APR potential vs GIAC potential, forum members will begin to wonder why this comparison is so important to you. We do lots of competitive testing of our general release programs vs. other tuners. I have many dyno plots of GIAC vs APR and others that prove that we are offering the best value to our customers. We generally do not publish these without serious provocation. It goes against our company culture to do so.

It appears that you do not subscribe to a similar level of professionalism, so it is curious that you have worked so hard to make the comparison between the GIAC custom program with specific boost and power mandates to your higher boost general release program. Incidentally, we are not against running high boost. We run higher boost on our in house car. As you may or may not know it is easier to put the boost request closer to 2550 than where we have it to meet AWE's requirements. When we release GIAC K04 programs for the TSI platform that are not associated with a specific kit, but sold directly to the GIAC network, GIAC customers will have choices similar those that our FSI customers enjoy. The AWE kit is a good kit that will most likely appeal to the majority of customers that track their cars on road courses, but we will have custom and general release options for dyno shoot-outs and quarter-mile supremacy as well.

Regards,

Andrew.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
andrew, I understand where you guys are coming from. but at that point why not just advertise the numbers to expect with the conservative tune?

APRs "super aggressive" tune is putting down AWE's advertised numbers~. does that mean that those numbers can ONLY be reached by aggressive tuning?

i don't understand =/. and your kinda putting the blame on AWE here. didnt you do your own testing and validated those advertised numbers?

why is it that MANY people were getting 260-270 HP on GIAC/AWE 310~ advertised tune?

were everyones dyno's just wrong?

Andrew@GIAC

andrew, I understand where you guys are coming from. but at that point why not just advertise the numbers to expect with the conservative tune?

APRs "super aggressive" tune is putting down AWE's advertised numbers~. does that mean that those numbers can ONLY be reached by aggressive tuning?

i don't understand =/. and your kinda putting the blame on AWE here. didnt you do your own testing and validated those advertised numbers?

why is it that MANY people were getting 260-270 HP on GIAC/AWE 310~ advertised tune?

were everyones dyno's just wrong?

Hi TSIpower

On the DSG pump gas program we actually do not advertise 310 whp for the release file. That pump calibration makes around 270 whp on 91 octane on our dyno. Dynos do vary though. I do not believe a GIAC employee has said otherwise.

I am definitely not putting any blame on AWE here. They have logical reasoning behind their boost targets and we agreed to do the program to these specs. We still feel that may customers will agree with AWE and want this type of calibration.

Andrew.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
Hi TSIpower

On the DSG pump gas program we actually do not advertise 310 whp for the release file. That pump calibration makes around 270 whp on 91 octane on our dyno. Dynos do vary though. I do not believe a GIAC employee has said otherwise.

I am definitely not putting any blame on AWE here. They have logical reasoning behind their boost targets and we agreed to do the program to these specs. We still feel that may customers will agree with AWE and want this type of calibration.

Andrew.

so then whats that? i looked at this kit for MONTHS, before i bought it. and i NEVER once saw 270 WHP as a number. stage 2 dynos at 240-250 hp. so im paying $2500 for a 20-30 hp increase? and you say customers will WANT that? if my giac/awe dealer would have told me 270 whp. i would have never gotten this kit. he told me 300 whp. you guys need to keep your dealers BETTER INFORMED. you say DSG like it puts down less power.

im sorry. your statement really angered me.

theres an obvious gap here. who/what is responsible for it.

Last edited:

Axleman

Ready to race!
Hi TSIpower

Andrew.

Have you told AWE that the DSG version makes way less power than the 6MT version? They sure don't indicate anything to that effect on their website and I've never seen them state such on the boards. Sorry, but something is not adding up here.