GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ask Detailer's Domain. Have a question ask us?

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
1) Do you polish the B-piller same as the car? (ie same polish, polisher and speed?)
2) How do you judge which polish to use base on the swirls on your car?
3) After using Adam's detail spray on the winshield (from the drying process), it leaves a lot of streaks when i use the wiper when it rains. (Wipers are clean) Certain that the detailing spray is causing the streak.

1. yes you can use the same polishes and compounds on your b pillars.

2. years of experience but if you are just starting out it would be testing small test sections using the least aggressive and going with more till you are happy with the outcome. for example test with Menzerna SF4000 if that doesn't work move up to PF2500 and so on,

3. yup I would not use detail spray on the glass if you can avoid it, I would not clean up the glass with a good glass cleaner and clean up the blades as well.

Phil

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
ok i have a question about cleaning wheels. i have a set of $1500 OZ racing ultra's that had a good amount of brake dust collecting on them from the huge pads on my 6 piston bbk. some of the brake dust i was able to kind of clean off using a rag and some sonax wheel cleaner. but there is still some residue left behind that i cannot get off my front wheels. the inner barrel of the wheel has a residue also that i cant clean off either. i have hawk hps pads, i wonder if i should change pads also to prevent this type of brake dust collecting on my wheels.:iono:

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
ok i have a question about cleaning wheels. i have a set of $1500 OZ racing ultra's that had a good amount of brake dust collecting on them from the huge pads on my 6 piston bbk. some of the brake dust i was able to kind of clean off using a rag and some sonax wheel cleaner. but there is still some residue left behind that i cannot get off my front wheels. the inner barrel of the wheel has a residue also that i cant clean off either. i have hawk hps pads, i wonder if i should change pads also to prevent this type of brake dust collecting on my wheels.:iono:

sure thing these brushes would help quite a bit.

Wheel Woolies

it maybe a good idea to get them protected with a wax or a coating.

Wheel Waxes

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
winshield wipers split the other night from the cold and didnt realize it when went to use them in the rain the following day and scracthed my windsheild....

am i pretty much SOL here or take some rubbing compound to the area without heavily distorting the glass?....is windsheild replacement my only option?

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
What do you use to clean the wiper blades?

ive used adams VTR in the past, i think the hot/cold here recently caused my wipers to split and the base on my driverside was rubbing on my glass and didnt realize it when i had to use them in the rain the other day...

it wasnt dirty wiper blades that caused the stratches it was the plastic base that caused the stracthes...

Rcraig84

Ready to race!
ive used adams VTR in the past, i think the hot/cold here recently caused my wipers to split and the base on my driverside was rubbing on my glass and didnt realize it when i had to use them in the rain the other day...

it wasnt dirty wiper blades that caused the stratches it was the plastic base that caused the stracthes...

Same thing happen to me on my MK5. Was in a big rain storm, turned on my wipers and shit went bad. Wiper blade split and scratched the shit out of my glass. They only had 6k on them too.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
How long should it take to do a full exterior detail on a GTI (for a novice)?
Wash, Iron X, Wash/Autoscrub, Dry, tape, 2 step polish, seal?

Also, does it make sense to have a friend help out if we only have one buffer? I'm not sure if that would really help me move faster.

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
How long should it take to do a full exterior detail on a GTI (for a novice)?
Wash, Iron X, Wash/Autoscrub, Dry, tape, 2 step polish, seal?

Also, does it make sense to have a friend help out if we only have one buffer? I'm not sure if that would really help me move faster.

you can have him prep the car with you, do the inside, engine bay etc.

I would say depending on the level you want to achieve 6 on the fast side to 12 hours on the longer side.

Phil

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
you can have him prep the car with you, do the inside, engine bay etc.

I would say depending on the level you want to achieve 6 on the fast side to 12 hours on the longer side.

Phil

Makes you appreciate the time/effort/work you guys put in... I didn't understand and couldn't justify the price of a full detail until I got into the hobby myself. I now understand how much work and attention to detail professional detailers like yourself put into it.

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
Makes you appreciate the time/effort/work you guys put in... I didn't understand and couldn't justify the price of a full detail until I got into the hobby myself. I now understand how much work and attention to detail professional detailers like yourself put into it.

thanks I appreciate that. :thumbsup:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion

:wosschilder980: