GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
stock gen1 tsi will take 400+, if you are gonna tear it open to upgrade, why in the world would you put marginally better oem parts in even if they were a direct replacement?!?[/QUOTE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK7-VW-GTI-...ash=item58ddca2e9d:g:hiQAAOSw7W5XNgaL&vxp=mtr

You are right, MK7 rods don't appear that much bifier than MK6 maybe ther is more headroom on the Tsi, perhaps 450 whp on stock internals?
That's a GTI part, I wonder if the R motor is different. The car in question was an R, and I'd heard the internals and head were changed.

APR stage 3 plus with a EFR7163 will do about 450 wheel, and APR isn't known for being dangerous with tuning.

No idea what the Gen 3 can take yet, a bit early but its looking good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Added the VibraTeknik subframe mount last night. Only took it around the block but no extra vibrations which I was surprised with. Hopefully it gets rid of the slight hop I had during spin at the top of third on occasion. Previously had the HPA puck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Added the VibraTeknik subframe mount last night. Only took it around the block but no extra vibrations which I was surprised with. Hopefully it gets rid of the slight hop I had during spin at the top of third on occasion. Previously had the HPA puck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for full review. What motor mounts do you have?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
In for full review. What motor mounts do you have?

I have a BFI stage 2 engine mount and BFI stage 1 trans mount. I have the stage 1 and 2 poly for both, the engine mount being stage 2 is fine, but the trans mount is awful. I'm not phased by stiff mounts and the stage 2 trans mount lasted all of 5 minutes before I switched it back to the stage 1 poly. It seriously felt like someone attached a brick to one side of my flywheel, and about 4k the car shook BAD. I don't even know how to describe it, but it was terrible.

Anyway, I drove the car a total of a mile with the new mount as I rode my bike today, but I had no extra vibration and the half-assed first gear pull I did I had no wheel hop. I'll beat on it a bunch tomorrow and see what happens.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
I was debating between the hpa puck or the vibra technics mount..almost the same price, just didn't want to drop the subframe even tho its a 15 minute job.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I was debating between the hpa puck or the vibra technics mount..almost the same price, just didn't want to drop the subframe even tho its a 15 minute job.

My swaybar is a bitch, as the top nuts spin in the mounts so it's pretty much impossible to get to them all without removing the whole thing. Not to mention the WALK housings you need to crank to one side to get the bolts to line up because of the extra caster. And the Tyrolsport kit.. I found it easiest to just remove the 6 bolts and take the entire thing out in one piece, and even that took me a half hour on jackstands.

Side note, drove to work this morning and the wheelhop has definitely gone done. On occasion I can feel the motor moving back and forth, but no aggressive wheelhop like before. What's even more funny, is I think I get a lot less vibrations all around. Car just feels very smooth. Although the HPA puck served me well, for an extra 50 bucks I'd highly recommend this mount.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
My swaybar is a bitch, as the top nuts spin in the mounts so it's pretty much impossible to get to them all without removing the whole thing. Not to mention the WALK housings you need to crank to one side to get the bolts to line up because of the extra caster. And the Tyrolsport kit.. I found it easiest to just remove the 6 bolts and take the entire thing out in one piece, and even that took me a half hour on jackstands.

Side note, drove to work this morning and the wheelhop has definitely gone done. On occasion I can feel the motor moving back and forth, but no aggressive wheelhop like before. What's even more funny, is I think I get a lot less vibrations all around. Car just feels very smooth. Although the HPA puck served me well, for an extra 50 bucks I'd highly recommend this mount.

Thanks I think you sold me, I've installed all the type of mounts and just was being lazy. I'm a tech and never want to work on my own car.

GroceriesVR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello guys been lurking around for a while and need some of your expertise...

So I am in the process of going big turbo (nothing too crazy, just looking for 400whp without meth) and I'm coming from a FBO K04. I have all the supporting mods both installed and waiting to be installed (including Unitronic Injectors and LPFP, IE Forged Rods, Greddy EBC, etc.). I was looking into doing a stock location kit with a GTX2967r from ATP and I was concerned about the lack of quality of the manifold provided with the kit. Are there any precautions I can take? Maybe coating the manifold or doing a PnP? My goal is to eventually be able to hit 450whp with WMI.

Thanks guys!

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Hello guys been lurking around for a while and need some of your expertise...

So I am in the process of going big turbo (nothing too crazy, just looking for 400whp without meth) and I'm coming from a FBO K04. I have all the supporting mods both installed and waiting to be installed (including Unitronic Injectors and LPFP, IE Forged Rods, Greddy EBC, etc.). I was looking into doing a stock location kit with a GTX2967r from ATP and I was concerned about the lack of quality of the manifold provided with the kit. Are there any precautions I can take? Maybe coating the manifold or doing a PnP? My goal is to eventually be able to hit 450whp with WMI.

Thanks guys!

I have a guys here old atp set-up (apa), with gt3076. I think your choice of gtx2967 is really good, I get full spool around 4500 rpms so your should spool a little sooner. Previous owner topped out mine at 440whp, so you may fall short of your goal of 450.
At 20 psi with stock intercooler, boost pipes, stock fueling and regular spark plugs I made 350whp.

Tappy

Hi everyone,

Long time reader of the forum, especially this thread! I own an Audi A3 8P which has the TSI engine. Hoping someone can help me out here :)

Here is my mods list:
- JE FSR Pistons w/Tuff Skirt & Thermal Barrier Coatings
- IE Rods w/ Rifle Drilling
- ARP Head Studs
- ARP Main Studs
- All Calico Coated Bearing
- GTX2871R Turbo & Manifold (ATP Turbo)
- Tarmac Engineering Intercooler
- TTRS Fuel Pump
- LNF Injectors (GM-12636111)
- VWR Intake
- Forge Motorsports Oil Catch Can
- AEM Water/Meth Injection
- Milltek Turbo Back Resonated Exhaust
- Custom Intake & Intercooler Piping
- Blitz Bov (Plumb Back)

- Eurodyne Maestro Tuning Software (Stage III)
- Eurodyne Maestro DSG Software (Stage III)

Now the drama I'm having is, I used to run a GTX2867 with stock injectors and I loved how the car went on Eurodyne! I ended up upgrading the compressor and injectors, I emailed Chris @ Eurodyne multiple times and he has not returned an email to me.

I looked at the software but I don't know what I'm doing with it! Give me a motec, haltech or aem any day! Just wondering if there is anyone running a similar setup to me?

I've emailed Unitronic and they are getting back to me next week about the injectors, but I'm just sick of spending money! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Hi everyone,

Long time reader of the forum, especially this thread! I own an Audi A3 8P which has the TSI engine. Hoping someone can help me out here :)

Here is my mods list:

- JE FSR Pistons w/Tuff Skirt & Thermal Barrier Coatings

- IE Rods w/ Rifle Drilling

- ARP Head Studs

- ARP Main Studs

- All Calico Coated Bearing

- GTX2871R Turbo & Manifold (ATP Turbo)

- Tarmac Engineering Intercooler

- TTRS Fuel Pump

- LNF Injectors (GM-12636111)

- VWR Intake

- Forge Motorsports Oil Catch Can

- AEM Water/Meth Injection

- Milltek Turbo Back Resonated Exhaust

- Custom Intake & Intercooler Piping

- Blitz Bov (Plumb Back)

- Eurodyne Maestro Tuning Software (Stage III)

- Eurodyne Maestro DSG Software (Stage III)

Now the drama I'm having is, I used to run a GTX2867 with stock injectors and I loved how the car went on Eurodyne! I ended up upgrading the compressor and injectors, I emailed Chris @ Eurodyne multiple times and he has not returned an email to me.

I looked at the software but I don't know what I'm doing with it! Give me a motec, haltech or aem any day! Just wondering if there is anyone running a similar setup to me?

I've emailed Unitronic and they are getting back to me next week about the injectors, but I'm just sick of spending money! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

Uni is going to tell you that you have to buy their injectors ($999) if you want to use their software.