GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blew my first coilpack today at the track

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I was curious about the R8 coil packs myself. I have read too that they are considered an "upgrade" even for a stock TSI. Why exactly no one really seems to know. Must be able to handle the demands of higher spark when needed, and more reliably.

As for plugs stay with NGK's can never go wrong with them :thumbsup:

Been runniing some Solo II events myself (stock GTI) in the stock class. Dont think I will take it to the levels I was at once upon a time, but I am having fun with the car. Thats what its all about. :burnrubber:

Jeff

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Get scanned spry. Could be a coil pack.

I'm hoping so, I'll have the R8 replacements Monday morning, I haven't made it out of the house today, so no cheapo scanner yet:(
So I'm still "unsure" as to the reason why my R is running poorly right now...as I mentioned before though, I had been experiencing some misfires earlier in the week, so I suspect it's a coil pack. It's just kinda hard to believe at 8k miles

I was curious about the R8 coil packs myself. I have read too that they are considered an "upgrade" even for a stock TSI. Why exactly no one really seems to know. Must be able to handle the demands of higher spark when needed, and more reliably.

As for plugs stay with NGK's can never go wrong with them :thumbsup:

Been runniing some Solo II events myself (stock GTI) in the stock class. Dont think I will take it to the levels I was at once upon a time, but I am having fun with the car. Thats what its all about. :burnrubber:

Jeff
I'm pretty sure that the R8 coil packs have a greater resistance rating. Like a high output alternator has more copper windings to create more electrical charge and therefor has a greater resistance to load demand, or the difference between running a 35W and a 50W HID ballast.(I believe) Similarly the R8 coil packs just create more output, I'd guess that they use heavier duty electronics and therefor are more resialiant...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie