GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boxster BBK OEM-ish Build

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Got an email back from Creation Motorsports this morning that my brackets were delivered on 22 March to the U.S. Hopefully customs doesn't take forever and they get here sooner than later!

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
#1 The Porsche Brakes tend to be loud at low speed even with the Boxster S Dampers. They are definitely designed for higher speed braking.

How loud are we talking? Like, just enough noise to know you have performance brakes or "I got home from the track on Sunday and I was too tired to remove the high temp track pads that howl like a stabbed cat because they're cold and I can't get them up to temp on the drive to work" noise?

WolfsburgSlim

How loud are we talking? Like, just enough noise to know you have performance brakes or "I got home from the track on Sunday and I was too tired to remove the high temp track pads that howl like a stabbed cat because they're cold and I can't get them up to temp on the drive to work" noise?

I'll put it like this. The calipers are strong enough to stop a freight train but they also sound like the brakes on a subway rail car. When you brake from 15 mph till about 0. It's very noticeable, I read into at some of the Porsche forums and apparently that's a Porsche thing. It's an obnoxious squealing sound when light braking from about 15mph till 0mph. Heavy braking they don't make a sound but light braking, definitely noticeable. Under heavy braking, all I would hear would be my slotted rotors. That sound I've grown to love, but the squealing was pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roctre

Ready to race!
Just got them now I need some time off to put them on and paint my rear factory calipers.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Still waiting on my brackets. Ugh

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'll put it like this. The calipers are strong enough to stop a freight train but they also sound like the brakes on a subway rail car. When you brake from 15 mph till about 0. It's very noticeable, I read into at some of the Porsche forums and apparently that's a Porsche thing. It's an obnoxious squealing sound when light braking from about 15mph till 0mph. Heavy braking they don't make a sound but light braking, definitely noticeable. Under heavy braking, all I would hear would be my slotted rotors. That sound I've grown to love, but the squealing was pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the OEM vibration dampers. It gets rid of all of the noise you're talking about. I ran these for around 3 years, had the loud noise pretty quickly, bought the dampers, never had noise again. Ever. And I ran pretty aggressive pads.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Well if I have mine you should have them super soon hopefully.

Going to check my box in a few since the arrival of yours gives me hope

Roctre

Ready to race!
Going to check my box in a few since the arrival of yours gives me hope

Well something shitty just happened to me. I was putting the brackets on the calipers and I guess i didn't prep well enough or the VHT isn't that good but the paint just chipped and flaked right off on a cardboard box so now i'm going to have to redo them and just go with G2 like I should of in the first place. So looks like i'm waiting till the first week of may when i'm done with school so I can take some days off and just do all the calipers at once.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Well something shitty just happened to me. I was putting the brackets on the calipers and I guess i didn't prep well enough or the VHT isn't that good but the paint just chipped and flaked right off on a cardboard box so now i'm going to have to redo them and just go with G2 like I should of in the first place. So looks like i'm waiting till the first week of may when i'm done with school so I can take some days off and just do all the calipers at once.

Just hit the post office and still no brackets for me. Will say that my G2 does look good but has chipped a little bit on the back where I let the metal touch the other caliper. Be careful with your coats and clear coat it after for added protection

Roctre

Ready to race!
Just hit the post office and still no brackets for me. Will say that my G2 does look good but has chipped a little bit on the back where I let the metal touch the other caliper. Be careful with your coats and clear coat it after for added protection

Yea I can understand metal chipping the paint just not cardboard and the chip is about 3/4 of and inch long.

Roctre

Ready to race!
So I think im just going to go ahead and do them in red because I want to get my summer wheels powder coated gold at some point and yellow wont look good behind them. Maybe do purple hmmmmm thoughts?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Found out this morning my brackets were actually delivered to my house 3 weeks ago but my parents never bothered to mention that. Super annoyed but at least the calipers will be going on soon!

Roctre

Ready to race!
Found out this morning my brackets were actually delivered to my house 3 weeks ago but my parents never bothered to mention that. Super annoyed but at least the calipers will be going on soon!

Wow I would be pissed. But atleast you have them.