GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brunkel's Build Thread - '13 United Grey GTI

Jaber

Modero
:( Dang man. I hope HS Tuning makes it right for you. Accidents happen, even to the best of us. All it matters now is how this gets handled.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I've been in contact with the people who worked on the car since this morning and was very respectful to the work they have done. They are considerate and understanding with the issue and are working with me on a solution. I think we all have moments where we post in frustration...a potential total of $3,000 in surprise expenses will fluster me just a bit.

I have a DMF I can send you if you pay shipping.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
That could be really nice actually! Thank you. This is such a unique situation since I'm in between two shops in 2 states so everything is up in the air and I'm not really sure what the direction things will go. Thankfully both parties are really understanding.

Check your PM's

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Updates! Still without a car but there is an end in sight. Turns out I needed to get a whole new clutch kit so a South Bend Stage 2 Daily is arriving early next week. My KMD Tuning clutch will be repaired but I have decided to go another direction with the clutch for now. Unfortunately, I'm out the cost of a new clutch kit, flywheel, and labor.

Lesson learned: buy your parts from and have them installed by the same people if possible, and also at a shop that is near by. And I need to learn how to drop the transmission on my own because labor is too expensive.

Dealing with all this has been very stressful, especially with finances being so tight right now. Since I was already hit with the expenses, and the transmission is currently out at the shop, I went ahead and ordered an H&R 24 front sway bar for them to put in. I need a new mod to help ease the pain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
So I should be getting my car back today!!! The tech just sent me this pic and I already feel better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
In4PequodsCelebration

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I got my car back today!!!!

The long ordeal about a bad clutch part is finally resolved, unfortunately though, still causing a lot of expenses. I'm just happy to have my car back now after almost 4 weeks. It now has a new South Bend Stage 2 Daily clutch with single mass flywheel, 26mm H&R front sway bar, and a fresh alignment and a couple exhaust leaks fixed.

I had the KMD Tuning clutch kit installed in December and it unfortunately went south within 4 months. It looks like I got a bad part. The long delay on my car was the result of me being the middle man between 3 shops trying to get some warranty/support on the issue at hand: The one where my car was at up on a lift with the transmission dropped, the one where it was installed (HS Tuning), and the one where I bought it from (KMD). It's still impossible to know for sure what the real cause was here as each shop had their own claims...but after driving my car home today with the new SB clutch I can definitely say something was not right with my KMD one. This new clutch feels GREAT! Super easy to shift. Smooth, and great pedal feel. Thankfully, KMD will repair my original kit as well as my dmfw so they're making up for that.

I put about 40 miles on the new clutch and I'm loving the way the car feels. Absolutely NO CHATTER. Silent as stock. I think I hear a tiny amount of what people say is gear lash in 1st and slowing down in gear? But seriously, BARELY and it's a non-issue for me. I'm happy I went with this clutch b/c I have a new flywheel, and South Bend Clutch HQ is 20 minutes from my house if I have any issues.

The greatest part about this is I found a really good european shop just down the road from me. The service manager and lead technician are enthusiasts and modify lots of cars. They loved having my car in the shop and did great work and I will definitely go back to them in the future if I need anything!

I was also able to sell a good amount of my stock parts to help with the financial side of all this...b/c it is not pretty...but once I get all of that squared away I really hope to do some more mods!

sauceman101

Ready to race!
I got my car back today!!!!

The long ordeal about a bad clutch part is finally resolved, unfortunately though, still causing a lot of expenses. I'm just happy to have my car back now after almost 4 weeks. It now has a new South Bend Stage 2 Daily clutch with single mass flywheel, 26mm H&R front sway bar, and a fresh alignment and a couple exhaust leaks fixed.

I had the KMD Tuning clutch kit installed in December and it unfortunately went south within 4 months. It looks like I got a bad part. The long delay on my car was the result of me being the middle man between 3 shops trying to get some warranty/support on the issue at hand: The one where my car was at up on a lift with the transmission dropped, the one where it was installed (HS Tuning), and the one where I bought it from (KMD). It's still impossible to know for sure what the real cause was here as each shop had their own claims...but after driving my car home today with the new SB clutch I can definitely say something was not right with my KMD one. This new clutch feels GREAT! Super easy to shift. Smooth, and great pedal feel. Thankfully, KMD will repair my original kit as well as my dmfw so they're making up for that.

I put about 40 miles on the new clutch and I'm loving the way the car feels. Absolutely NO CHATTER. Silent as stock. I think I hear a tiny amount of what people say is gear lash in 1st and slowing down in gear? But seriously, BARELY and it's a non-issue for me. I'm happy I went with this clutch b/c I have a new flywheel, and South Bend Clutch HQ is 20 minutes from my house if I have any issues.

The greatest part about this is I found a really good european shop just down the road from me. The service manager and lead technician are enthusiasts and modify lots of cars. They loved having my car in the shop and did great work and I will definitely go back to them in the future if I need anything!

I was also able to sell a good amount of my stock parts to help with the financial side of all this...b/c it is not pretty...but once I get all of that squared away I really hope to do some more mods!

Looking good! hoping to have mine back on the road after a clutch/diff/rms job spiraled into the motor being pulled and in the process replacing every seal/gasket haha

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Car is still feeling great. Loving the new sway bar and how that's tightened everything up.

My clutch issues were really causing a poor feel in the DG short shifter all that time too. Now it feels AWESOME! Super smooth and not notchy. I feel like the Tyrolsport SSBB is actually making a difference now too. I can feel the tightness and precision where before I couldn't tell any difference b/c the shifts were clunky and choppy due to the clutch.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Mod bug is hitting hard now that I have the car back. Oh dang...someone talk some sense into me...that Uni K04 is sounding real good right now :eek::iono:
exhaust? check
clutch? check
brakes? check
ramz and tires? check

intercooler?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk