GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build thread? Gonna give this a shot..

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for the thread jack! Back to your regularly scheduled CW build :thumbsup:

Haha you're good bud.

I agree with the TE37 style. They look sexy in white on a white mk6. I keep tellin Barnes if they ever go white I'm stealing two of them for a photo shoot lol

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Haha you're good bud.

I agree with the TE37 style. They look sexy in white on a white mk6. I keep tellin Barnes if they ever go white I'm stealing two of them for a photo shoot lol
:laugh:

Sent from deez balls

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Gettin some fresh air.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423768594.654681.jpg

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Gahhh I love that splitter. If only uncle same would hurry with my money
Question, how did you install that bad boy? What bolts did you use, or what did you use?

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Gahhh I love that splitter. If only uncle same would hurry with my money
Question, how did you install that bad boy? What bolts did you use, or what did you use?

I used either 3/8" or 1/2" bolts that were like 3 inches long, washers, lock washers, and lock nuts. Just centered it under the bumper and drilled up through the bottom the the 7 places there were already holes in the splitter.

Between the splitter and the skid plate the bottom of the front half of my car looks like a nascar. So much shiny aluminum haha.

I'm SO insanely jealous of this :( your garage is looking aaalmost as good as your car lately

Thanks bud! I take a lot of pride in my garage. It's where I spend so much of my time, might as well make it nice.
Between the Bluetooth stereo, the mini fridge (which is in the process of being coated in cool stickers), my awesome tool box, and all the cool stuff I've come across to hang on the walls, it's coming together quite nicely.

Nearly every time I go to the junk yard I bring home a random valve cover and paint it up in some cool way and hang it up. Last time I brought home a Miata valve cover. Sprayed it in two different shades of mint/light blue ish paints to make a cool tiger stripe. The one before that was a Nissan Ka cover. It's yellow with a blue splatter.

I also have my Mk6 grill as well as my buddy's Mk3 grill, and a Mk1 grill I found in the junk yard. Decided I need to find a Mk2, Mk4, and Mk5 grill to go with them to finish out the collection lol.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
So I found a nice manual shift boot and frame on here. Hopefully he'll be shipping it out soon. Ever since I saw Tiggy do the manual boot over the auto trans I loved it. Not trying to make it look like a manual or anything, it just looks so clean.

Also, the wood flooring I ordered through Lowes is in. Hopefully I'll be able to get to work throwing my new wood trunk together. I keep doing the math and I'm fairly certain I'll need to order another box for the sub box though :/ oh well. It'll be worth it.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Laid the new wood out to trace the trunk shape. I don't think I'm gonna have enough for the sub box :/

Sneak peek on the new color though haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423864251.815493.jpg

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Got the wood flooring finished. Looks soo much better than before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423958000.501251.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423958013.466359.jpg

I actually think I still have enough for the sub box, we'll see. Can't wait to see it finished.

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Already told you looking awesome on IG lol.

How big of a sub are you getting and what brand? Ive been thinking about getting something too, don't know of any good subs

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Already told you looking awesome on IG lol.

How big of a sub are you getting and what brand? Ive been thinking about getting something too, don't know of any good subs

Thanks bud. I'm glad people are linkin it haha. It's one thing to build a car in the mindset of "I'm building it for me, no one else." It's another to build it in that mindset and then people like it haha.

I have a slanted 2x10 box. Nothin fancy. I'm going to wrap it in the wood to match and I have 2 kicker 10s to put in it. I hope it looks good. I still have to figure out how I'm going to mount the box without mounting anything into the wood flooring so I can remove the box for whatever reason.