GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Call me crazy

cobie56

Ready to race!
Ok. Ill start by saying i love my car and despite enticing offers from my dealer on an mk7 , ill keep mine with only 10k on it. What i hate about my car is the audio system(not fender). i have nav n it works ok but tiny screen (315) few options, not very good sound quality, no voice commands other than the phone n that is marginal. So planning to invest in an aftermarked h.u. that does all this. Problem is i keep encountering ways to drive up the price with the latest idea to install a compact woofer. Sigh. So with the hu, cabling, sirius tuner, back up camera (yeah not part of the stereo but what the hell, it is already all apart so why not) special wiring harness to enable all oem controls , to include steering wheel, and now the woofer. , i am heading north of 1,700$. I know it all depends on what an owner wants but sometimes i think im going overboard. Btw, is the woofer really necessary, iyo?

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
If you add a subwoofer and have the ability to high pass the factory speakers, that helps with the overall sound. I ran an aftermarket head unit with a sub while retaining my factory speakers high passed at 120 Hz for a while. After I settled on a processor, I replaced the front door speakers too for a fully active setup with time alignment.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
compact woofer...you mean like those POS all-in-one sub/amp combo things? Those things are GARBAGE

if you love yer car, do not... I repeat, do not trade it in for something so similar. I know the mk7 is a great car, but the mk6 GTI is more of a playful, raw creature.

It's endeared itself to you, let it continue.

zrickety

The Fixer
You're crazy. Upgrade the head unit for half the money you're talking, stage 1, and enjoy the car.