GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

JOHNDERS2586

Ready to race!
Hey All,

Now that all our MK6's are at least 10 years old. I'm curious how many miles you guys/gals are up to? I've got a standard KO4 built GTI with 140k miles on it. So I am wondering what other folks are reaching for mileage on their engine, especially tuned.. Who's got the highest here?

Is this thing a ticking time bomb or am I good for 200k.. Obviously a lot of variables at play. Just trying to get an idea..

Last edited:

Derlicious

Got my MK6 at 140k miles, did timing components immediately and went Stage 2 with absolutely 0 issues now at 185k.

Only problem I had was a wire for the high pressure fuel pump got a little frayed and was grounding out. But nothing mechanical.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Stage 1 @ 37,400
Stage 2 @ 49,500
K04 @ 55,700

@72k now 🙃

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I got my mk6 GTI in 2016 at 90K KM (under 56k MILES). The previous owner kept the car stock. completely stock, not even the lights were aftermarket (fog lights/interior lights) which is good as I did ALL of the upgrades/mods, within 3 years I went ko4 (the previous turbo was leaking oil), stage 2+ (Unitronic), timing components serviced, new clutch kit, and whole bunch of other mods to support ko4 (obviously).

At the moment, it's at 191k KM (118k MILES).

I had to get new HPFP and LPFP replaced under warranty, the previous ones failed (replaced under warranty @ an VW/Audi specialized shop I always go to).
And a lot of other engine parts replaced.

Still turns over and drives strong. I don't daily it (by choice). Needs new front tires (tires: use it or lose it)

nonetheless going strong at 118K Miles... I plan on keeping it as long as possible (as a toy car/project car, not a daily car I would use to commute to work and back home or get grocery's... a risk I'm not taking lol)

Looking forward to hearing everyone else with tuned GTI's (stage 2 or higher), I don't want to hear about your stage 1 stories lol sorry not sorry... I went stage 2 and then stage 2+ (Unitronic ECU tune). Stage 1 is a waste IMO.

Last edited:

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Got my MK6 at 140k miles, did timing components immediately and went Stage 2 with absolutely 0 issues now at 185k.

Only problem I had was a wire for the high pressure fuel pump got a little frayed and was grounding out. But nothing mechanical.
woah.... that's 297k KM.... good for you man, I pray I get there with my MK6 GTI.... I know I will. You motivated me. Thank you.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
K04 nearing 160k
Still going strong.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Bought my 2010 off the showroom floor. I’ve primarily worked remotely for over a decade, hence my low mileage. Currently sitting under 52k miles.

Stage 1 at 600 miles
K04 at 4k miles
GTX2867R at about 45k miles

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Bought my 2010 off the showroom floor. I’ve primarily worked remotely for over a decade, hence my low mileage. Currently sitting under 52k miles.

Stage 1 at 600 miles
K04 at 4k miles
GTX2867R at about 45k miles
Do you track it?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Is there a single mk6 still on the road that doesn't have a k04? I'm thinking no lol
I know plenty that are K03. Hell, I have one. They just aren't the type that'd be on the forums.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie