GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Currently at 165k, just got A LOT of maintenance done to fix pretty much every small mechanical issue to keep it going. Got oil leaks fixed, new brakes/tires/heater core/water pump/carbon cleaning. Probably more I am forgetting. Had since new tuned stage 2 since about 25k miles. Had the front resprayed a couple years ago and replaced worn interior pieces so looks like it has half the miles than it actually does :)

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Currently at 165k, just got A LOT of maintenance done to fix pretty much every small mechanical issue to keep it going. Got oil leaks fixed, new brakes/tires/heater core/water pump/carbon cleaning. Probably more I am forgetting. Had since new tuned stage 2 since about 25k miles. Had the front resprayed a couple years ago and replaced worn interior pieces so looks like it has half the miles than it actually does :)
Do show us please

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Are those supernova or helix lights?
I wonder if you've grabbed black led sidemarkers since that pic.
Looks awesome though man!
Supernova that I took off recently due to them fading horribly, wish they hadn't because I love the look. Always had the amber side markers though (y)

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Supernova that I took off recently due to them fading horribly, wish they hadn't because I love the look. Always had the amber side markers though (y)
What's fading on them? Is it repairable? I've loved the way that the supernovas looked but was never excited to take 6/7 hundred out of my pocket for them when the halogens look so great too.
Any chance you'd sell em?

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
What's fading on them? Is it repairable? I've loved the way that the supernovas looked but was never excited to take 6/7 hundred out of my pocket for them when the halogens look so great too.
Any chance you'd sell em?

The lenses went completely white from sun damage at just over a year (right outside of warranty). I tried to polish them but the crazing was so deep the lenses weren't salvageable. Tried to remove the lenses ended up mangling the housing so just ended up recycling them unfortunately. Biggest waste of money, might have lasted a lot longer if I had put clear film to protect them. I've thought about getting Osram's instead but never heard a long term review of them in a hot climate like Texas.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Yep still on the original chain. Only updated the tensioner, that was about 7 years ago.
I had done the tensioner but everyone said to get the chain replaced as well, 4-5 years later, I got the chains replaced along with the guides and rails, I did not replace the balance shafts.... which my Go-to VW/Audi specialized shop says it's not a problem.

Last edited:

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
K04 here with 158k
Timing was done at 115k

Don’t see any reason it wouldn’t make it 200k, other than lack of use working from home.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
K04 here with 158k
Timing was done at 115k

Don’t see any reason it wouldn’t make it 200k, other than lack of use working from home.
that's the other side most don't understand, if one doesn't drive the car much, it can cause issues... at least drive it once every 7 days at the bare minimum

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Stage 2 at 35k miles now at 112k it’s a 2011 so somewhat “low miles” for its age, car has been a summer only car for 2 years now that I have a truck. Timing components changed at 75k as preventative from the tensioner failure and did carbon cleaning/new injectors last spring