GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Wat. Mk7 GTI is MTCotY?

Can't wait to start bragging about that to all the people interested in GTIs here at the dealer.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I like the purple and yellow. Troy Vette is badass.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Wat. Mk7 GTI is MTCotY?

Can't wait to start bragging about that to all the people interested in GTIs here at the dealer.

yes'th.

I like the purple and yellow. Troy Vette is badass.

I would expect nothing less from a guy who drives a 90's Mustang Convertible.....

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Also, it is too bad that winning car of the year will not help a GTI sell. Accolades do not translate into sells. Just ask all the cars that sell in mass numbers. They did not win car of the year. Most people who buy cars could give a shit what a magazine says, especially because they pick it because it has utility, solid performance and is packaged in a superior interior.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
yes'th.

I would expect nothing less from a guy who drives a 90's Mustang Convertible.....

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Also, it is too bad that winning car of the year will not help a GTI sell. Accolades do not translate into sells. Just ask all the cars that sell in mass numbers. They did not win car of the year. Most people who buy cars could give a shit what a magazine says, especially because they pick it because it has utility, solid performance and is packaged in a superior interior.

But it is a marketing point that can be used to sway people at the point of sale.

"But we were considering X..."

"Did you know that the GTI won Car of the Year from Motor Trend Magazine? It beat the X!"

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think it will help the GTI... they are already getting stellar sales #s compared to the previous gens.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
This, medic doesn't know what he's talking about... he drives a freakin' 90's mustang convertible.

That is faster and cheaper (especially with maintenance) than your new Krautmobile. :D

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
But you are right. I do not know what I am talking about. Except when it comes to poop.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I think it will help the GTI... they are already getting stellar sales #s compared to the previous gens.

Shouldn't be too hard.

I can see it definitely helping in a case that Zaxxon mentioned, but most people are not going to make that trip to the VW dealer based solely on COTY.