GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat15: Sushi Now Made With Real Tuna - Not That Fast Food Tuna - Jaber Rejoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Luckily never and I hope I never need to. But like a fire extinguisher, the one time I might need it I'll be glad I have one. That poor kid in that was shot Millennium Park this weekend probably thought he was safe too. Chicago is a war zone everywhere right now.

If everyone concealed carried there'd be a lot more shootings for every millennium park incident that is averted or reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
If everyone concealed carried there'd be a lot more shootings for every millennium park incident that is averted or reversed.

^ I agree.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

^ I agree.
How can you guys say that when there are plenty of stats out there that prove states with open carry/lenient gun laws have way less crime rate and murder rate than a city like Chicago. Chicago has the highest gun crime rate in the country. Gun control doesn't work. Numbers don't lie.

What is your counter argument to the raw numbers that prove your statements to be wrong?

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I should not ha e waited til 10 o'clock to start installing forza horizon 3. Ugh the wait is real!!!
Lol my buddy did the same thing he was pissed it was like a 50gb game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
How can you guys say that when there are plenty of stats out there that prove states with open carry/lenient gun laws have way less crime rate and murder rate than a city like Chicago. Chicago has the highest gun crime rate in the country. Gun control doesn't work. Numbers don't lie.

What is your counter argument to the raw numbers that prove your statements to be wrong?

This. It has been proven over and over that CCW ownership lowers the violent crime rate in said state. I suppose I could site sources if anyone actually wants to read them.

Just keep in mind, Chicago which was/is the strictest and last state to have CCW and it has the worst gun crime in America currently. Coincidence?

Please site sources showing that shootings/crime goes up with CCW licenses.

Jaber

Modero
Luckily never and I hope I never need to. But like a fire extinguisher, the one time I might need it I'll be glad I have one. That poor kid in that was shot Millennium Park this weekend probably thought he was safe too. Chicago is a war zone everywhere right now.

Some areas are up 50% this year, the nice ones too. Probably why the Onion made that one article about Rahm all the sudden caring, cause it's moving to the nice "give a shit" areas :lol:

lol... have yet to see one, unless you're a gangbanger/criminal. When you're accountable for every bullet, you don't fight a fight that is not yours. But I'll continue waiting for this wild wild west shootout. Didn't even happen during the police shooting in Texas, with Open Carriers.

^

Chicago has a gang problem, with a revolving door for criminals. Like the Millennium Park shooter.

Lol my buddy did the same thing he was pissed it was like a 50gb game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

50GB, dang. Although with Comcast speeds, usually not a problem. But it sucks when the servers are bogged and your fast internet doesn't matter :lol:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That was my issue last night. Everyone bought the damn game and my Xbox had an update, took 2 hours to install when it usually takes 30 minutes or less.

Jaber

Modero
That was my issue last night. Everyone bought the damn game and my Xbox had an update, took 2 hours to install when it usually takes 30 minutes or less.

I used to go to those midnight launches, I sure did regret it the next day :lol:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I used to go to those midnight launches, I sure did regret it the next day :lol:

Didn't even go to that. Went to gamestop and got the last reserve copy lol. Then was responsible and did my homework before starting to play the game. Should have started downloading the thing while I was working lol.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

Bro, teach me how to see the unknown.

Jaber

Modero
Didn't even go to that. Went to gamestop and got the last reserve copy lol. Then was responsible and did my homework before starting to play the game. Should have started downloading the thing while I was working lol.

Dang, props on being responsible. I used to skip school for tournament matches on Rainbow Six (original game on PC). Dial-up too, prefire like a birch.

Bro, teach me how to see the unknown.

[unzips pant]

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Dang, props on being responsible. I used to skip school for tournament matches on Rainbow Six (original game on PC). Dial-up too, prefire like a birch.

[unzips pant]

My buddies would always stay home after a big release (Halo3, COD4, etc...) and I would be stuck at school hating life lol

Dat dialup, dark times man.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie

Comparing inner city Chicago to Wyoming isn't really a comparison. If you'd like to argue that Wyoming and Chicago are culturally similar I am all ears. And I agree current gun control laws don't work because jurisdictions don't exist in a vacuum. Silly to try control something in one jurisdiction that is more or less unregulated in a neighboring jurisdiction where goods and people easily flow between.

Think about the number of police shootings by "threatened" officers on unarmed victims in the news with around 750,000 armed police officers in the country. You think arming 242,000,000 untrained people won't raise it? (I'm assuming you'll say something along the lines of "well if everyone is armed, people will be less aggressive")

If EVERY citizen carried a gun you'd have 10x the George Zimmerman situations. The number of "I felt threatened so I shot him/her" claims of self defense situations in this country would skyrocket, especially when you can make the argument that the person you shot was armed.

And statistics can be skewed to support whatever argument you want. Examples:

• For every time a gun is used in self-defense in the home, there are 7 assaults or murders, 11 suicide attempts, and 4 accidents involving guns in or around a home.
• Among Texans convicted of serious crimes, those with concealed-handgun licenses were sentenced for threatening someone with a firearm 4.8 times more than those without.
• A buyback program that wound up taking a fifth of Australia's guns off the street wound up reducing firearm suicides by 74 percent without affecting non-firearm suicides.

Status
Not open for further replies.