GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat15: Sushi Now Made With Real Tuna - Not That Fast Food Tuna - Jaber Rejoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Luckily I get a permit everytime I visit Huntley, to be #APRSAFE. PTAK will get ya.

Goddamned right.

Now you know why Renner always insists on that permit.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I'm sorry , I just don't believe that more guns is the answer to less gun violence. Im not an anti gun nut, nor am I a card carrying NRA member. Both sides have their arguments. Jay said numbers don't lie, but they aren't black and white either they can be spun in favor of either side.
That is all I am going to post on the matter , I like most of the people here and don't go down that worm hole.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Self defense in the home....great way to pad your statistics in your favor (not you specifically, whoever came with those stats). What about used for self defense when you're not at home? Completely going to disregard that so that the stat could look better in the eyes of anti gun people? Cool. How about every time a gun was used in self defense....not just at home. You know what doesn't get reported to police? Crimes that don't happen/get stopped because of a CCW holder.

Okay...and they were put in jail and no one was injured...? Stupid statistic is stupid. You think if both parties had firearms there would have been some sort of wild west shootout? Again you are just speculating. What is the statistic for CCW holders shooting other CCW holders?

Okay, it reduced firearm suicides....no shit. It didn't change the fact that those people still want to end their life. If someone really wanted to end their life, having a firearm available/or not isn't going to change anything

I don't like this topic because it can go either way. I support 2A 100%, I carry my gun every single day. I'm not gonna discuss this on this forum doe cause it will go on forever.

"And statistics can be skewed to support whatever argument you want. Examples"

Reading comprehension. First point- I said statistics can be used to prove anything which was my admission of cherry picking. So big thumbs up on reading comprehension.

Second point. Again I said statistics can be used to back up any viewpoint. I randomly chose some. I didn't make any deeper remarks on the fact that concealed carriers in Texas occasionally threaten people illegally with their guns. Infer whatever you want. I don't really care.

As for the suicide bullet. Another big thumbs up on reading comprehension "reducing firearm suicides by 74 percent without affecting non-firearm suicides." translation suicides by firearms went down without other types of suicides increasing meaning people didn't successfully find another way as you imply. Maybe they tried and failed? Certainly possible. Suicide attempts with guns are far more successful than other common methods (Cutting, Overdosing, ETC).

Anyway. Playing devils advocate has been fun. I'm not actually all that passionate about the gun debate because I don't think its a problem with a solution that's as easily solved as the left or right thinks it is. I do find a lot of the right's arguments ridiculous though.

I am curious as to your thoughts on evolution and what happens to you after you die.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
QUOTE=jay745;2473499]^ cars kill wayyyyyyyyyyyy more people every year than guns.[/QUOTE]

What percentage of car deaths are intentional vs accidental? What percentage of gun deaths are accidental vs intentional?

I'll answer it.
99.4% of car deaths were accidents in 2013
1.8% of gun deaths were accidental. (Something like 65% were suicide)

Jaber

Modero
QUOTE=jay745;2473499]^ cars kill wayyyyyyyyyyyy more people every year than guns.

What percentage of car deaths are intentional vs accidental? What percentage of gun deaths are accidental vs intentional?[/QUOTE]

[not being serious, just trolling. staying out of the worm hole]

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
so what's the protocol for breaking in a new clutch?

It varies, some say 500 miles of stop and go, others say 1000.

I went WOT after ~400 miles of city driving. I'm over 15k miles on my clutch with no problems.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Dang, props on being responsible. I used to skip school for tournament matches on Rainbow Six (original game on PC). Dial-up too, prefire like a birch.

[unzips pant]

Thanks mang. After messing up horribly my freshman year first semester I've taken it very seriously. Got my GPA back up to a 3.5 which is the best I've ever done in school. I used to do that stuff in high school tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.