GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
My family left today. It looks like its gonna nail fort myers so we got out of there. Now we're in Daytona. We were also in a mandatory evacuation zone. We live on the water, so we'll be lucky if storm surge doesn't fuck us. It's not looking good, but at least we aren't there any more.

Good move man, it's going to get nasty on the west coast. Hopefully you guys have a place to come back to after this.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Damn. Praying for safety for all. Keep us posted. [emoji1317][emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Still got power, the worst is still to come though. Keeps pushing west and looks like it's staying at CAT3.

Been playing CS:GO and just waiting it out.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Be safe everyone. Parents house just south of fort meyers. Been watching storm closely. Everything there is rated cat 3, so their house may survive if it stays at 3. The water was already high though, so any extra will be bad news. Talking 10-15' surges. Not sure how far that can carry inland. My parents have already accepted total destruction on their house and boat in naples. Let's hope it's overrated and doesn't hit as hard as they are predicting.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Someone told me fort myers only saw 1-2' of storm surge. They were expecting 10-15' I think, so I can't believe how lucky we got. We live right on the river so there's no way our house wouldn't be fucked with that much surge. That was our biggest concern.

Now hopefully we can somehow find a place to get gas and make it home tomorrow.

I'm still sitting in Daytona, so it'll pass us here in a few hours but it shouldn't be too bad. It's starting to get pretty windy now.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Good news. How bad is your area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too bad. A few trees down as far as I can see.

We just got power back! Sweeeet.

Someone told me fort myers only saw 1-2' of storm surge. They were expecting 10-15' I think, so I can't believe how lucky we got. We live right on the river so there's no way our house wouldn't be fucked with that much surge. That was our biggest concern.

Now hopefully we can somehow find a place to get gas and make it home tomorrow.

I'm still sitting in Daytona, so it'll pass us here in a few hours but it shouldn't be too bad. It's starting to get pretty windy now.

Yeah the predictions for this hurricane were pretty wild. You guys got extremely lucky if all you got was 1-2'. Thank god.

They had predicted it to be real bad. Gas shouldn't be a problem tomorrow, you'll be good :thumbup: glad y'all are safe.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Took the Golf out yesterday. No one wanted to race :(. Couldn't even get a kid in a riced out older cobra to go.

Around my house, saw an older dude zipping around in a convertible SS. Ok, older as in 40s, maybe late 40s? SS I know I can handle. He's in front of me, goes from a light a little and I am on his ass like fly on shit. I get around him and he hits the brakes. OK, fine, it's only 35 mph road, maybe he wants to be civil :rolleyes:

He heads to lake cook road to try and open it up. Left turn lane, he is laughing and grinning. I am behind him. Turns green and he gasses it. Hits the straight and guns it. Gets a little squirlly and then back on it. Cars in the second lane so I stick to his ass like glue. Then he shuts it down. Gets in the other lane and pokes behind some camry. Guy WONT EVEN LOOK OVER. Realized he couldn't just walk me so he didn't want to bust his EGO. LAME. I was gonna tell him nice car, but gave him the "WTF" hang gesture instead. Lame.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Took the Golf out yesterday. No one wanted to race :(. Couldn't even get a kid in a riced out older cobra to go.

Around my house, saw an older dude zipping around in a convertible SS. Ok, older as in 40s, maybe late 40s? SS I know I can handle. He's in front of me, goes from a light a little and I am on his ass like fly on shit. I get around him and he hits the brakes. OK, fine, it's only 35 mph road, maybe he wants to be civil :rolleyes:

He heads to lake cook road to try and open it up. Left turn lane, he is laughing and grinning. I am behind him. Turns green and he gasses it. Hits the straight and guns it. Gets a little squirlly and then back on it. Cars in the second lane so I stick to his ass like glue. Then he shuts it down. Gets in the other lane and pokes behind some camry. Guy WONT EVEN LOOK OVER. Realized he couldn't just walk me so he didn't want to bust his EGO. LAME. I was gonna tell him nice car, but gave him the "WTF" hang gesture instead. Lame.

Not bad. I beat a focus RS a few times playing rice rockets on mexico highways yesterday. Tried to ask the guy if he was tuned or stock but every time I tried to get next to him he'd take off. Had to keep passing him to get his attention and eventually gave up because I didn't care that much.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Can confirm i was in category 5 hurricane in a 3rd world country , with my villa 100 feet from beach. wasnt too bad tbh...relocated to a room slightly more inland and rear facing for a day/night then slept through it honestly. Lesser Antilles got absolutely destroyed yeah.

what did i miss while i was gone?

Also this washed up on shore, so i guess this ends the argument.

Last edited:

Jaber

Modero
Can confirm i was in category 5 hurricane in a 3rd world country , with my villa 100 feet from beach. wasnt too bad tbh...relocated to a room slightly more inland and rear facing for a day/night then slept through it honestly. Lesser Antilles got absolutely destroyed yeah.

what did i miss while i was gone?

Also this washed up on shore, so i guess this ends the argument.

In4Videos/Pics. Oh wow, Irma knows what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.