ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Burritos for daaaayyys.
yep love my burritos

#boostedtrolling

nope, if you shop correctly food at home is vastly cheaper than convenience places like chipotle. mexican food has one of the largest markups around.

bulk cooking can be much cheaper, ever make a 5 lb pork roast in slow cooker? cheap af. about $5...will make about 10 meals. go to your local bbq place..pay $6 for 1 pulled pork sandwich. fact

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
S3/RS3 should be the same size as your GoRf. Same platform, pretty sure.

S4 - if you remember MVR155 from back in the day... he loves his.

BMW... I'm personally not a fan of anything they make anymore.

What about a C7 w/Z51 package, or a Grand Sport?

I am not ready for a 2 seater again. Vettes are for old people, especially new ones :laugh: Plus anyone that want's a fast car automatically goes out and buys a vette. Overplayed.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yep love my burritos

nope, if you shop correctly food at home is vastly cheaper than convenience places like chipotle. mexican food has one of the largest markups around.

bulk cooking can be much cheaper, ever make a 5 lb pork roast in slow cooker? cheap af. about $5...will make about 10 meals. go to your local bbq place..pay $6 for 1 pulled pork sandwich. fact

Who makes 10 meals at once though?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Who makes 10 meals at once though?

^ me. lol.

They freeze well. Except you cant put lettuce in them, lettuce does not freeze well.

Cast iron whole chicken, another great cheap meal that yields a lot of food. Messy prep work since you gotta cut out the backbone of the chicken but worth it.

i make my own burritos and freeze them. much cheaper, quality ingredients. just takes some time assembling them. At a cost of $1.60 per burrito (made 10 huge burritos) , you cant beat it. Burritos freeze very well. As do breakfast sandwiches.

-Teh Boosted Burridoe-
*Spicy blackened chicken
*Cilantro
*Tomatos
*Roasted onions and red peppers
*Spanish Rice
*Refried Beans
*Chihuahua cheese
*Jalapenos (nutribullet into paste)

bumping post from mid october^

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Good question and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Just looking for a switch up. I have had the R for 3 years now, which is about the time I get antsy for a new vehicle.

Something fun to drive that's not a boat and is fast as all getout with a little modding, while having room inside. I would be set on an RS6 wagon, but Americans are too prestigious for station wagons. My SRT Magnum was an absolute blast in 2006, although slow by today's standards.

Something sleeperish and not obnoxious looking while being unique. I've had a C5, older srt, 4th gen transam, and a host of other cars (I think my count is deep into the 20s now)...all fun cars but now I've been spoiled by the VAG. Rs3 with a tune is now faster than my modded to hell transam, but looks like an understated sedan. I kind of want a proper v8 and manual gearbox for the next toy though, although I am not married to the idea.

What about back seat room and cargo carrying capacity? Looks like new s8s are stuck in the mid-high 11s right now. That's where I sit with the R.

I mean you’re not going to move the kids to college in it but you can definitely throw some bags in the trunk. Backseats are just a little less than the R because of the roofline but I’ve been back there and not uncomfortable either

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Good question and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Just looking for a switch up. I have had the R for 3 years now, which is about the time I get antsy for a new vehicle.

Something fun to drive that's not a boat and is fast as all getout with a little modding, while having room inside. I would be set on an RS6 wagon, but Americans are too prestigious for station wagons. My SRT Magnum was an absolute blast in 2006, although slow by today's standards.

Something sleeperish and not obnoxious looking while being unique. I've had a C5, older srt, 4th gen transam, and a host of other cars (I think my count is deep into the 20s now)...all fun cars but now I've been spoiled by the VAG. Rs3 with a tune is now faster than my modded to hell transam, but looks like an understated sedan. I kind of want a proper v8 and manual gearbox for the next toy though, although I am not married to the idea

Manual SS slap a supercharger on it.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

This. Have seen one in person. Holy sleeper car. Besides the fact it was loping and all that other noise

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Chevy SS is what came to my mind, too.

Fun car tho stock form is gonna be slower than your R. V8 + 6sp though.

How about you break it down this way:
- Must be able to run xxxx 1/4 mile for maximum of $xxx in mods
- Must cost less than $xx,xxx
- Must have man pedal (?)
- Must be V6/8, Turbo/NA, etc.

I have a feeling there really aren't many options out there.... but budget will be the biggest dictator.

Shot into the dark here but... what about a Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.