GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Chevy SS in a manual is hard to find and about same price as a used second gen CTS-v. In fact more manual V out there then SS. SS reviews all come back as it’s just meh at everything. V already comes with the blower and can make big power. Only drawback I see with the V is its MPG for City driving are AWFUL. But, I’m ok with its MPGs.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Test drove an S4 today. My impression was "meh". Nice car. Fast for what it is. Nice interior. Price seems reasonable for what you get. It just didn't thrill me. It's probably about as quick as an R stock for stock. It feels like a really large car when driving. Maybe the long hood and cockpit feel to it.

For a daily driver, I could see it being more enjoyable. For a once in a while car, I don't think there's enough there for me.

The RS3- I sat in the back, head hit the ceiling. So, quite a bit less head room. That being said, not too often I transport people as tall as myself (6-1) in the back of the R.

Cool looking car. A little obnoxious on the styling- QUATTRO written on large block letters on the front spoiler. The silver outline of everything- window frames, front grill and bumper. The s4 was great. Totally understated without a bunch of obnoxious badging.

They also had the RS pretty much loaded with everything so it was almost $70K. Way too much imo for what it is when you can go into a V for that price. They also started telling me that they needed a credit check for anyone test driving one and they were going for $5K over sticker at most places because the demand was there.

I promptly told them what I thought about all of that. Talk about obnoxious. Although the same thing happened the the R came out. Couple dealers thought they were sitting on a pot of gold. So I went and shopped around to a dealer that was willing to deal and bought it. SO needless to say, I did not get to test drive the RS3.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Test drove an S4 today. My impression was "meh". Nice car. Fast for what it is. Nice interior. Price seems reasonable for what you get. It just didn't thrill me. It's probably about as quick as an R stock for stock. It feels like a really large car when driving. Maybe the long hood and cockpit feel to it.

For a daily driver, I could see it being more enjoyable. For a once in a while car, I don't think there's enough there for me.

The RS3- I sat in the back, head hit the ceiling. So, quite a bit less head room. That being said, not too often I transport people as tall as myself (6-1) in the back of the R.

Cool looking car. A little obnoxious on the styling- QUATTRO written on large block letters on the front spoiler. The silver outline of everything- window frames, front grill and bumper. The s4 was great. Totally understated without a bunch of obnoxious badging.

They also had the RS pretty much loaded with everything so it was almost $70K. Way too much imo for what it is when you can go into a V for that price. They also started telling me that they needed a credit check for anyone test driving one and they were going for $5K over sticker at most places because the demand was there.

I promptly told them what I thought about all of that. Talk about obnoxious. Although the same thing happened the the R came out. Couple dealers thought they were sitting on a pot of gold. So I went and shopped around to a dealer that was willing to deal and bought it. SO needless to say, I did not get to test drive the RS3.

Which dealer?

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Which dealer?

Morton Grove. Down the street from my work so I thought that would be the quickest. Now that I am looking around online, it doesn't even look like any of the other local dealers have any on their lots.

I thought that credit check comment was funny seeing how I pulled up in a pick-up truck that MSRP about the same as their glorified Jetta :rolleyes:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Morton Grove. Down the street from my work so I thought that would be the quickest. Now that I am looking around online, it doesn't even look like any of the other local dealers have any on their lots.

I thought that credit check comment was funny seeing how I pulled up in a pick-up truck that MSRP about the same as their glorified Jetta :rolleyes:

Huh - that's actually a little surprising. It's owned by McGrath and they're usually pretty good.

I wonder how often they get people with no actual purchase intent going in wanting to joyride the hot new car.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Huh - that's actually a little surprising. It's owned by McGrath and they're usually pretty good.

I wonder how often they get people with no actual purchase intent going in wanting to joyride the hot new car.

The one they had on their showroom floor had 63 miles on it already. They had another one out in the garage that I imagine they let people drive. I am sure they get people that want to test it....but for christ sake it's still only a 55K base msrp car at the end of the day. And it's quick, but not like z06 quick. They have cars triple the cost with $9500 factory exhaust options. How is anyone going to know if they like the car if they have to submit their first born to test drive it. I hate dealers that pull that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.