GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
^ Supposed to snow a bunch this weekend though. I have to work on a car all day tomorrow.

Man... I loved that one day of 55 degree weather. LAWD we need some more of that. Doing any fun work on a said car? House shopping and wedding planning for me.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Man... I loved that one day of 55 degree weather. LAWD we need some more of that. Doing any fun work on a said car? House shopping and wedding planning for me.

Not really, last weekend we dropped the trans on a mk6 R, he sent the clutch out to south bend to be re build and new disc, now we're re installing everything.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Not really, last weekend we dropped the trans on a mk6 R, he sent the clutch out to south bend to be re build and new disc, now we're re installing everything.
sounds like a nightmare job

^ Supposed to snow a bunch this weekend though. I have to work on a car all day tomorrow.

bummer yeah

i really dont mind snow on the weekends if i dont plan on going out. but sucks when you have to go somewhere.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
sounds like a nightmare job

Wow. Sounds like a fucking head ache lol.

Eh, it's not THAT bad. R's do take about double the time that GTI's take to remove the trans though. That damn transfer case is pretty difficult because it's such a tight space. Had to really get creative with a series of angles and long extensions daisied together to create the ultimate 2 feet long extension. They also used allens for some stupid reason to hold the axle flanges on. That was fun finding an allen long enough to get in there. I love buying tools that you can only use for one specific job and nothing else....

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone know apx what discount tire charges to mount and balance new tires ? (4)

lmao, just lift your GTI and put snow tires on it. you'll be ok.
no its not me im worried about driving...its the slow incompetent drivers around me that i cant stand. my GTI doesnt see snow anymore

Eh, it's not THAT bad. R's do take about double the time that GTI's take to remove the trans though. That damn transfer case is pretty difficult because it's such a tight space. Had to really get creative with a series of angles and long extensions daisied together to create the ultimate 2 feet long extension. They also used allens for some stupid reason to hold the axle flanges on. That was fun finding an allen long enough to get in there. I love buying tools that you can only use for one specific job and nothing else....

man i know your feels there.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Eh, it's not THAT bad. R's do take about double the time that GTI's take to remove the trans though. That damn transfer case is pretty difficult because it's such a tight space. Had to really get creative with a series of angles and long extensions daisied together to create the ultimate 2 feet long extension. They also used allens for some stupid reason to hold the axle flanges on. That was fun finding an allen long enough to get in there. I LOVE BUYING TOOLS THAT YOU CAN ONLY USE FOR ONE SPECIFIC JOB AND NOTHING ELSE....

Wow yeah sounds like working on VW's lol. Triple squares come to mind...

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Ya but then you get to look like a pro when a non-car person comes over and looks in your toolbox, picks that tool up and you're able to tell him, "THAT tool is for removing the front drive axles on a 2013 Golf R."

Then they look at you with wide eyes and "Oh wow."

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Regarding dashcam video:

This is why more people should go to at least 1 car control clinic, learn how to handle/utilize your car. Understand braking techniques etc...

i have 3 neighbors who cant get up their driveways in 2 inches of snow cause they stop on the slight incline while waiting for garage to open then mash the throttle. cant make this stuff up. wish we had more advanced driver ed schools... real world driving should be taught. "yes expressway speeds are posted at 60 mph...but expect cars to do 80+ and gtfo out the way for faster traffic"

could rant all night but ill leave it at that before i get all worked up. /rant

(on the inside im my avatar)

I can agree with that. IMO it's WAY too easy to get a license.

My driving test involved 25-30mph around the backroads in Schaumburg, behind the Toys R Us on Golf Rd. Parallel park, pull forward, one red light, one 40mph stretch up Plum Grove and Golf... and back.

And IMO the *motorcycle* tests are even worse. You don't even leave the f*cking parking lot. A couple swerves, turns, a U-turn, all in 1st gear at *literally* 15mph and so long as you don't put your foot down, you're done. Then proceed to leave the parking lot with your shiny new license and hit 170 down 90. No problem, you got dis.

Jaber

Modero
There's two more clips of that whole ordeal missing. Whole thing is about 9mins long, I haven't been able to find it. Seems the few who have it saved, are refusing to upload them.

But the chase went on, BMW eventually breaks down due to some suspension component finally breaking, BMW driver rages on and passenger tries to calm him down. Supposedly the other car crashes into a tree some point afterwards (not on video).

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
There's two more clips of that whole ordeal missing. Whole thing is about 9mins long, I haven't been able to find it. Seems the few who have it saved, are refusing to upload them.

But the chase went on, BMW eventually breaks down due to some suspension component finally breaking, BMW driver rages on and passenger tries to calm him down. Supposedly the other car crashes into a tree some point afterwards (not on video).

Yeah this is the timeline I've found:

"There was three videos total on dude's account. Did anyone else see passed the first one? I'll probably melt them all together but go-go short term memory:

Video 1: Guy gets tapped, proceeds to chase Accord who is clearly fleeing. BMW loses control on exit ramp, goes up on one side, returns, then proceeds to chase again. 911 is called and operator tells driver to pull over.

Video 2: Chase continues. Can't remember if 911 is called again, but passenger in BMW is starting to plea with driver. Driver is hell bent on not going out like a bitch. Round and round they go.

Video 3: Chase continues further. Accord continues to signal. Chase enters a mall where BMW spins out twice in a mall parking lot and then breaks. Passenger continues to try and calm driver down. Driver starts presumably punching interior (loud whacks) then gets out of car and starts screaming. Video ends with BMW driver having a tantrum just off screen in front of car."

Given not only the ghetto style rim up front, but the fact that it doesn't match the factory wheel on the rear, and combined with the guy's temper tantrum.... tells me all I need to know about who the BMW driver is lol.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I can agree with that. IMO it's WAY too easy to get a license.
My driving test involved 25-30mph around the backroads in Schaumburg, behind the Toys R Us on Golf Rd. Parallel park, pull forward, one red light, one 40mph stretch up Plum Grove and Golf... and back.
And IMO the *motorcycle* tests are even worse. You don't even leave the f*cking parking lot. A couple swerves, turns, a U-turn, all in 1st gear at *literally* 15mph and so long as you don't put your foot down, you're done. Then proceed to leave the parking lot with your shiny new license and hit 170 down 90. No problem, you got dis.
^Bingo

Couldnt have explained it any better.

+toss in smart phones and driver assists that make drivers more reliant/lazy.

im all for backup cameras as an assist but driver should know how to drive without one.

I dont care for the orange blind spot mirror bulbs. You should still check over your shoulder to see if a car is advancing into your blind spot at a higher rate of speed.

Yeah this is the timeline I've found:
Given not only the ghetto style rim up front, but the fact that it doesn't match the factory wheel on the rear, and combined with the guy's temper tantrum.... tells me all I need to know about who the BMW driver is lol.
lol yikes

went from fender bender to totaled
Original damage was probably so minor :lol:

Thats what im saying..next time around probably will buy front and rear dash cam :iono:

Status
Not open for further replies.