GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Ya but then you get to look like a pro when a non-car person comes over and looks in your toolbox, picks that tool up and you're able to tell him, "THAT tool is for removing the front drive axles on a 2013 Golf R."

Then they look at you with wide eyes and "Oh wow."
Yeah there's always that. I don't get non car people looking through my toolbox often enough to collect scene points like that though.

I dont care for the orange blind spot mirror bulbs. You should still check over your shoulder to see if a car is advancing into your blind spot at a higher rate of speed.

Lol when people talk about blind spots. All I hear is "I don't know how to adjust my mirrors properly"

Everyone do yourself a favor and learn something today if you don't already know....

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I can agree with that. IMO it's WAY too easy to get a license.

My driving test involved 25-30mph around the backroads in Schaumburg, behind the Toys R Us on Golf Rd. Parallel park, pull forward, one red light, one 40mph stretch up Plum Grove and Golf... and back.

And IMO the *motorcycle* tests are even worse. You don't even leave the f*cking parking lot. A couple swerves, turns, a U-turn, all in 1st gear at *literally* 15mph and so long as you don't put your foot down, you're done. Then proceed to leave the parking lot with your shiny new license and hit 170 down 90. No problem, you got dis.

Lol in New Jersey you can take your motorcycle test on a 50cc scooter. I’m like wow, really? This in no way proves my ability to handle a 1000cc sport bike. Oh well lol.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah there's always that. I don't get non car people looking through my toolbox often enough to collect scene points like that though.

Lol when people talk about blind spots. All I hear is "I don't know how to adjust my mirrors properly"

Everyone do yourself a favor and learn something today if you don't already know....

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

blind spots are a real thing. what you shouldve posted instead. :rolleyes:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

My wife is one of these. She needs to see the side of her car in the side mirrors. It think it’s a depth perception point of reference thing with women. My mom did it too.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Lol in New Jersey you can take your motorcycle test on a 50cc scooter. I’m like wow, really? This in no way proves my ability to handle a 1000cc sport bike. Oh well lol.

In IL it's 250cc. Pass the test on a 250cc single cylinder and you're good to go. 1300cc Hayabusa? 200hp 1000cc Ninja H2? Have at it!

My wife is one of these. She needs to see the side of her car in the side mirrors. It think it’s a depth perception point of reference thing with women. My mom did it too.

LOL....

Yeah all 3 mirrors on my wife's car are aimed at the back doors + the car immediately behind her. No idea how she changes lanes.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
^ Supposed to snow a bunch this weekend though. I have to work on a car all day tomorrow.

Looks like that's been revised - theyre saying mainly flurries with less than an inch over the weekend and a better chance of accumulation Tuesday night/Wednesday

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone know of any discounts for tire rack purchases?

Also tire related, whats discount tire cost to mount and balance per tire apx? no info online

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
#in4tirerackdiscountcodez
#racetruckneedsraceramz

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I laugh when people complain about blind spots. But in all seriousness, if car markers would make better mirrors it would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.