GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Masters Special for Forum Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT641

Banned
I'm installing my k04 within the next month here. I'm at 60k and my clutch slipped a bit on stage 2 with 100 octane so i assume i'll be needing a new clutch very soon.

There's no way i can afford any of the clutch kits that come with a new flywheel as they're all over 1k. The way i see it, my options are either a SB drop in at ~$359 , or the lowest CM kit i can get is the FX350 and that's ~$846.

There are a bunch of people using the SB drop-in without issue, but they all seem to be at lower miles than me. From a strictly miles standpoint do you think i would have issues reusing my stock PP and FW? HSTuning would be my installer and i have faith they know what they're doing no matter what kit i buy.

You got to pay to play, You should spend your money on the drivetrain, suspension, & brakes before adding more power which is the route I'm taking, Plus how many places are there in this country were you can really open it up without getting in trouble.

You got to pay to play, You should spend your money on the drivetrain, suspension, & brakes before adding more power which is the route I'm taking, Plus how many places are there in this country were you can really open it up without getting in trouble.

x1,000,000

lllechrizll

Ready to race!
Beware! Don't use the Throw out bearing that comes with the kit, it's a POS and doesn't fit right. Buy the oem one. I learned it the hard way, the clutch master tob leaked after installing my clutch kit, and had to pay for labor twice. Threw in a new oem tob, and everthing was gravyyyy :)

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Beware! Don't use the Throw out bearing that comes with the kit, it's a POS and doesn't fit right. Buy the oem one. I learned it the hard way, the clutch master tob leaked after installing my clutch kit, and had to pay for labor twice. Threw in a new oem tob, and everthing was gravyyyy :)

Sounds like you have a bad one, mine came with the kit and it was just fine.

SlowS3

Ready to race!
My fx350 came perfect, ty mike for awesome prices! (250 miles on the new clutch, and loving it)

You must have just gotten a bad one because I haven't had any complaints from any of my other customers/dealers that got that same type of slave cylinder with their CM kit.

lllechrizll

Ready to race!
The one that came with my kit didn't fit correctly, and was extremely tight fit. They had to use a pry bar to remove it. And the oem tob slid in perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.