GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB STAGE 2 GTI VS...

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
My car is stock other than what comes with the COBB stage 2 setup. overall I'm pleased for my daily driver. Wish I had better prey but this is what I got.

lightly modded (if I had to guess '04) Audi TT. 2 ~30mph rolls and I pulled busses on him from the get.

full bolt on '99 Integra GSR. did 3 30mph rolls and each ended with me taking him to gapplebees. I had 2 lengths and counting from the start.

2003 Eclipse v6. unsure of mods but he had at least 1500hp from all the aftermarket performance stickers and unpainted body kit. so lets say exhaust and maybe an air filter. he got the jump because I couldn't keep traction since it had been raining all day but I still passed him while spinning right after we started.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
At Stage 2 you will run away from most high HP sedan cars and you should be able to walk away from most sport cars.

For common sport cars, you'll obviously want to stay away from 5.0 Stangs, C6+ Vettes, and the odd 911.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
Not many people where I'm at have sporty cars anyways since the roads are nothing but potholes and gravel patches. A friend of mine has a 17 Focus RS with intake, exhaust and a tune who keeps talking about racing but will never line up which I think would be a good race. then another with a 05 STI with the same mods but it always has problems when I bring up running him. lol

torga

Autocross Champion
Not many people where I'm at have sporty cars anyways since the roads are nothing but potholes and gravel patches. A friend of mine has a 17 Focus RS with intake, exhaust and a tune who keeps talking about racing but will never line up which I think would be a good race. then another with a 05 STI with the same mods but it always has problems when I bring up running him. lol
A Focus RS with a tune? A better match would be a Golf R with a tune. I have a strong suspicion a Mk6 GTI would lose pretty handily against an RS.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
A Focus RS with a tune? I have a strong suspicion a Mk6 GTI would lose pretty handily against an RS.

Kind of have to agree there.. however if your friend lines up with you please post the vid ;) If you beat him i wanna see what kind of car the RS really is

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
The only thing I really have to go by until it happens is another buddy of mine from a different state has an RS with an intake and stage 1 tune I believe. He says he would be nervous but only 1 way to find out. I'll try to make it happen.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I don't think a stage 2 can hang with an RS unless they are a bad driver. Need K04 for that!!!

inforvideo

jtmu6982

Passed Driver's Ed
I need to go to a drag track when a bunch of VAG cars are there lining up with other makes/models. Pop some popcorn and sit there and watch :)

Bintopean

One of the best runs I've had was with an is350, was neck and neck from a 30 roll. I believe my stage 2 would pull from a dig...idk maybe not though, dont sleep on those is350s lol