GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
not sure what calibration change would be needed for an intake?

Generally with the major tuners this hasn't been an issue, but lately a couple of them have been coming out with tunes specifically for Stage 1 with intake to take better advantage of the added airflow. APR has done the same thing with their new Stage 1 + 2 files.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Generally with the major tuners this hasn't been an issue, but lately a couple of them have been coming out with tunes specifically for Stage 1 with intake to take better advantage of the added airflow. APR has done the same thing with their new Stage 1 + 2 files.

duh yea I was thinking fsi where the maf housing is so critical when changed which isnt typically changed on tsi so was wondering why but makes sense.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
This was just posted in a facebook group. dyno shows stock, 93, and what appears to be 93ho(high output?) picture was low res so hard to read. Was told its a stock hardware car tuned by Cobb themselves

jm090

Passed Driver's Ed
This was just posted in a facebook group. dyno shows stock, 93, and what appears to be 93ho(high output?) picture was low res so hard to read. Was told its a stock hardware car tuned by Cobb themselves

I dunno if it's just Tapatalk but that resolution is really hard to read.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I dunno if it's just Tapatalk but that resolution is really hard to read.

yea it is pretty low, it was linked from the facebook post which was also really low res

What Im seeing is the following:

stock 199hp/220tq

stage1 93 226hp/256tq

stage1 93(ho?) 230hp/272tq

considering how strong the torque was stock I was expecting more being tuned right from cobb

jm090

Passed Driver's Ed
yea it is pretty low, it was linked from the facebook post which was also really low res

What Im seeing is the following:

stock 199hp/220tq

stage1 93 226hp/256tq

stage1 93(ho?) 230hp/272tq

considering how strong the torque was stock I was expecting more being tuned right from cobb
Do you happen to know what Apr is from the wheels at stage one? I believe it's like 250ish at the crank, I'm guessing this is pretty close to that?

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Do you happen to know what Apr is from the wheels at stage one? I believe it's like 250ish at the crank, I'm guessing this is pretty close to that?

Their current(old) version is rated for 230whp/277wtq. Mine was even low at 222whp/256wtq, but most are 230ishwhp/270ishwtq. New file should be about 10-20 more to each.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
When I was stage 1 with intake (no intake specific tune) I put down 236 at the wheels. Seems they're low by a few HP but not enough to consider or even communicate to people looking for a tune.

The real game changer here is the DSG tune via AP. If that's all-inclusive with the purchase of the AP this is the new value proposition to beat, hands down. Who said it was $600? Was that a communication direct from Cobb?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jm090

Passed Driver's Ed
When I was stage 1 with intake (no intake specific tune) I put down 236 at the wheels. Seems they're low by a few HP but not enough to consider or even communicate to people looking for a tune.

The real game changer here is the DSG tune via AP. If that's all-inclusive with the purchase of the AP this is the new value proposition to beat, hands down. Who said it was $600? Was that a communication direct from Cobb?

I have seen $500-650 floated by other people on the forums based around based on the cost of their other tunes. Nothing anywhere near official that I know of.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion

yea I dont know how they are gonna handle that, if you buy a AP and can do dsg for no additional cost that would be bonkers.

Last edited:

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I honestly don't think they're going to allow people to get the regular tunes and DSG tunes for one price. I would guess that they'll institute something with credits, sort of like what Eurodyne does.

That being said, these numbers don't seem particularly impressive, especially in light of APR's recent update. Given that, the biggest improvement would be the AP, but even then I'm not sure how many customers that will win them given that the majority of people on here are already tuned. I guess the draw for newer customers would be people switching from other cars (ex. Subarus) and are more comfortable continuing to work with Cobb.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and see what they actually come out with, but it doesn't sound to me like it'll be particularly groundbreaking.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I wonder who's involved in all this.. Haven't seen or heard much from DM in quite awhile.. Maybe some displaced APR folks?

Now this looks even more promising... numbers look great. Power curve looks good.... However always some adjustments to be made.

Looks very torquey down low/! looks like full power right before 4K. My last dyno with stage2 Uni tune, I was making full power upper towards 5k.

Last edited: