GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I have seen $500-650 floated by other people on the forums based around based on the cost of their other tunes. Nothing anywhere near official that I know of.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Oh I see. Might as well be talking hyperbole until Cobb makes it official.

yea I dont know how they are gonna handle that, if you buy a AP and can do dsg for no additional cost that would be bonkers.

Indeed. This would be heavily disruptive to the market. They don't need to make it free, frankly. A $200 fee would still be very disruptive in the market.
I wonder who's involved in all this.. Haven't seen or heard much from DM in quite awhile.. Maybe some displaced APR folks?
This is a really interesting point. APR had some talent hemorrhaging about a year ago, but I imagine this took more than a year to bring to fruition.

Pound

Ready to race!
Oh I see. Might as well be talking hyperbole until Cobb makes it official.

Indeed. This would be heavily disruptive to the market. They don't need to make it free, frankly. A $200 fee would still be very disruptive in the market.

This is a really interesting point. APR had some talent hemorrhaging about a year ago, but I imagine this took more than a year to bring to fruition.

The Subaru/Mitsubishi AP's are around $650, but the Porsche unit (which some have said is easier to tune than the MED17) is $1295. At that price a DSG tune could make sense.

All Cobb OTS tunes are free and available to download from their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
i asked COBB about DSG tunes on facebook, they will come after the mk6 R/mk7

I also read they wont have a tune for big turbo, but they will have something a protuner can set up :)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i asked COBB about DSG tunes on facebook, they will come after the mk6 R/mk7

I also read they wont have a tune for big turbo, but they will have something a protuner can set up :)

I know your real name now. (I saw your post too) :middlefinger: :evil: :moon:

Im bored. Excuse me.

Last edited:

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Well I imagine they had to sort out the hardware (AP) first, then worked on the tunes themselves.. Maybe took a year for the non-competition clauses to expire.. Assuming there's ex APR folks involved..

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
The Subaru/Mitsubishi AP's are around $650, but the Porsche unit (which some have said is easier to tune than the MED17) is $1295. At that price a DSG tune could make sense.

All Cobb OTS tunes are free and available to download from their site.

If they really want to make a splash and lure folks that are already tuned, and considering how late they are to an already crowded party, they're going to have to come in around the 600 mark.. The advantage they will also have is that they are offering something tangible (the AP) coupled with Apple like packaging this could really be a hit. Maybe offer the full suite with DSG capabilities as an introductory offer.. Just my opinion of course.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
This is far from Apple like packaging. It's mostly better from a value proposition than others on the market. APRs mobile system with better logging, error scanning and tune switching is arguably more polished from a user experience perspective than the AP, which requires a PC to make updates, download tunes manually to the device, then manually load them into the car while it's powered off. The ultimate capability and flexibility is there, but this is more like Linux than Apple. More flexibikity, clunky UX, free to operate. APR is Apple: expensive, great UX, not as flexible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jm090

Passed Driver's Ed
If they really want to make a splash and lure folks that are already tuned, and considering how late they are to an already crowded party, they're going to have to come in around the 600 mark.. The advantage they will also have is that they are offering something tangible (the AP) coupled with Apple like packaging this could really be a hit. Maybe offer the full suite with DSG capabilities as an introductory offer.. Just my opinion of course.
With how many untuned mk6s are still on the road and how many will be getting into their second and third and fourth owners, I don't think getting people to switch is their main objective as much as enticing new users.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
iirc, my 08 STI AP tune came on the device right away - but i could be wrong. either way, was super easy to tune my car in my garage in like 5mins.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
This is far from Apple like packaging. It's mostly better from a value proposition than others on the market. APRs mobile system with better logging, error scanning and tune switching is arguably more polished from a user experience perspective than the AP, which requires a PC to make updates, download tunes manually to the device, then manually load them into the car while it's powered off. The ultimate capability and flexibility is there, but this is more like Linux than Apple. More flexibikity, clunky UX, free to operate. APR is Apple: expensive, great UX, not as flexible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So if APR is Apple then Cobb is Samsung?

Tank1

Passed Driver's Ed
This was working earlier this morning but not anymore...

I think their numbers look spot on for Stage 2, 93 octane. As these are to the WHEELS. not crank.

Why are folks saying they're more moderate? Would like to know actual hardware used on these dyno numbers to get an idea.

My unitronics Stage 2 with my mods, I put down ~255HP and 290tq

Even had a slight boost leak, now looking back at bigger picture. As an issue carried over for longest time until recently (up until I swapped to IE intake)

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
these numbers look good. of course this was based off 93 octane which suck for us in California and possibly some areas. these would have to be these standard upload maps with there intake and downpipe. (assuming they are coming out there own hardware)