GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common rattling noise between 2500-3000rpm cause

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
This is a great thread! Kudos to the OP! I am currently at 5470 mi on the clock and just started having this issue.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Just started having this issue?... you're lucking it just started. Mine has been doing it for over 10k miles lol.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Just started having this issue?... you're lucking it just started. Mine has been doing it for over 10k miles lol.

We let me clarify a little, it has just started cooling off her here in the Swamp (Florida) and my windows have been open alot lately. It probably has been happening before, but lately it has been very pronounced since my windows are opened more.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
We let me clarify a little, it has just started cooling off her here in the Swamp (Florida) and my windows have been open alot lately. It probably has been happening before, but lately it has been very pronounced since my windows are opened more.

True true, I didn't notice it at first cuz I bought the car in January and it was constantly below 40*, so needless to say, the windows were never open. I hardly ever drive with the A/C on, even during summer, so I hear the noise constantly now.

Stummel

Or, better and cheaper, what about fixing and isolating the little iron bar keeping the wastegate in place?

no good... the flexible joint helps the sealing of the valve. if you fix this little plate to the lever it will clog with dirt...

Geofux

Ready to race!
I drove a CC today that has exactly the same noise. Then again it was still a TSI...

zorq

Ready to race!
hmm that sucks... atleast is there a confirmation on which part exactly is making that noise? I actually hear that noise more with the window closed because when the windows are open I'm too happy listening to the car shifting (DSG tranny)...

GTI Joe

Passed Driver's Ed
no good... the flexible joint helps the sealing of the valve. if you fix this little plate to the lever it will clog with dirt...

thanks for the info! so we have to look for a different solution...

I have an Audi A3 in the family. It doesn't have this noise.

it could be useful to check which is the wastegate code and the turbo one.

Stummel

atleast is there a confirmation on which part exactly is making that noise?
as quoted one side before vw itself says it´s the wastegate/the hinge of the valve...

^^this is the statment from vw for the issue. Short:

the car rattels between 2400 and 3000/min from the engine. The exhausgases jiggle the wastgatevalve = the linkage rattles

mrghost

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got my car (2010) a few days ago, and driving around enjoying the sound of the engine, I noticed this rattling immediately. I searched the forum for answers and came across this thread... informing, thank you. I'm at 180km.

Stummel

:) i´ve noticed the noise while driving out of the "car towers" in wolfsburg :(

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
:) i´ve noticed the noise while driving out of the "car towers" in wolfsburg :(

For the uninitiated:

/offtopic