GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Cabin Pollen Filter Replacement

tardman91

Ready to race!
Nice. WAY easier than changing the filter on my wife's Mazda 3. That was a real pain in the ass. The best part was that the dealership kept hounding me to get it replaced at about $60 and I said no way. I got the filter for $11 on Amazon, spent close to an hour figuring out how to disassemble everything, and then come to find the car didn't even have a filter! Well, it does now.

P

plac

i know no one needs it, but ill prob make a 2 min video showing install tonight.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
lol @ plac I told you in the other thread that you did it a bit early on yours.

Great video though! Very informative.

Looks like the 20k mark sounds about right for the filter change.

joeeee

Ready to race!
seriously though, my ac/vent has a odor, i read about people having the same kind've musty moldy smell. will replacing the filter take that away or do i have to go to the dealer to have it fixed?

Hiram

Passed Driver's Ed
seriously though, my ac/vent has a odor, i read about people having the same kind've musty moldy smell. will replacing the filter take that away or do i have to go to the dealer to have it fixed?

I have the same question.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
To get rid of the musty smell we take the pollen filter out, and use an "ultrasonic" cleaning machine, pour in a liquid cleaner and the machine vaporizes it into a mist, you close up the car but it on max A/C with recirculation on and the mist gets sucked through a blown out of the whole ventilation system which which cleans and sterilizes not only the vents but all the surface areas in the car. When it's done put in a new pollen filter and the smell is gone.

There is a TSB for A/C odor, if its under warranty it's free.