GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you think my car is totaled?

[shingo]

Passed Driver's Ed
http://s24.postimg.org/rmcj0xan9/12883_10155165668855012_8514312577071547436_n.jpg

My wife was driving the car I don't have access to the car yet : 2012 GTI 4 door DSG.

Here's what my wife listed

both front airbag
Windshield
Hood
left wing
Left light
Bunper
Radiator
Intercooler
Intake ripped off
She couldn't open the driver door, but with the help of someone else they manage to open it.

I sure hope it is, because if it is the insurance will pay me a brand new one.

Here's more pictures :

Last edited:

str77

Ready to race!
I think it's totalled because of the airbags and the frame might be bent.
However, you never know... Insurance in Quebec never want to pay. I hope your wife is ok after that accident and that you will get a new car :)

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Hope your wife is OK, sounds like a hard hit. Cars can be replaced & it sounds like yours may have to be. Good luck I hope things work out well for you.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Whoa bud sorry about that, I hope your wife was not injured. Cars are after all objects and can be replaced. Unfortunately yours is a goner. Seen similar damage on countless salvage GTis before they were restored and attempted to be re-sold.

[shingo]

Passed Driver's Ed
Good thing I declared all my mods and the car is extra insured. They are suppose to pay me a new car if it's totaled.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
it would be better for you if it was totaled

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Good thing I declared all my mods and the car is extra insured. They are suppose to pay me a new car if it's totaled.

yeah man i wouldnt worry. they wont try to fix that thing

Locke

Ready to race!
Wow that looks bad. Guess that Carbonio is now an "open air" intake

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but deployed bags automatically declares it a totaled vehicle?

(Few Moments Later...)

Had to search this myself, and looks like it is a misconception!

" My airbag deployed, is it automatically totaled? "

It is often said that a deployed airbag means a vehicle is totaled, which is not always true. The reason so many people believe this is because a high percentage of vehicles are totaled after the airbag deploys for a couple of reasons. Lots of people carry physical damage coverage on aging vehicles which have highly depreciated. Airbags are very expensive upwards of a $1000. So when an older model vehicle has a deployed airbag, plus the body damage which caused the airbag to deploy in the first place, often the vehicle is totaled.

Last edited:

[shingo]

Passed Driver's Ed
Correct me if I'm wrong, but deployed bags automatically declares it a totaled vehicle?

Not here, they could pay up to 18000$ in repair before they declare that car is totaled.

I just hope the car is totaled.

Also my hitch bar is badly bent, the rear sub frame might need to be changed.

18000$ might go quickly since they are obligated to only install new OEM parts.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion

Not always. The insurance adjuster will generally go by the value of the vehicle and the cost to repair UNLESS there is frame damage. Frame damage is usually an automatic total.

Next prepare for a reaming if the car is declared a total loss. The last time I totaled a car, I was given the average between wholesale and retail, while being docked for having a manual transmission. In other words, I received wholesale value for my 11 month old 2007 6MT Accord Sedan with less than 12,000 miles on it.

Back to the airbag thing... In 2002, my first wife, may she RIP, rear-ended someone while talking to me on the cell phone. Her driver's side airbag deployed and State Farm did NOT total her car. There was less than $3,000 in damage to it.