GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone Mount Insert Concerns

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I have about 30k miles on my Neuspeed insert, I think it’s poly.

Full puck might add more NVH than an insert?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I
You'd likely shred the rubber subframe mount vs the arm failing. With a k04 I think you'd be better off with a full puck replacement like hpa (they do t make them anymore but you can still find them) vs an insert. The 034 inserts are garbage and bend. If you're stuck on an insert go with a poly insert.
I can't find HPA full puck replacement, I've been checking everywhere on the WWW, it's sold out, and HPA mentioned it's discontinued.

Any other brands that make the full puck style replacement like HPA? please send.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

Leviathan

GolNat

Autocross Champion

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I have the 034 dogbone and the upper and lower inserts on K04 with like 20+ trackdays about probably 40k miles with them, no issues. My friend purchased the subframe puck removal tool and i figured i'll change out the OEM pucks for another set of OEM pucks, since the car is 11 years old and close to 100k. I chose OEM pucks because I wanted to retain the same NVH with the 034 dogbone + upper and lower inserts which was minimal and I was content with the the slop it eliminated. To my surprise when i took out the OEM pucks and compared it to the OE Lemforders, they weren't even worn, no cracks, same amount of stiffness as new. There were no bends in my 034 inserts either. Just my personal experience, I had ran poly inserts, it felt great tbh, but it did introduce a lot of NVH, if you don't care about NVH at all, the poly inserts is a good cheap way for performance vs aftermarket pucks. I also replaced the 034 tranny/engine mounts at the same time, the tranny mount was still ok with slightly more play than new, but the engine mount was destroyed after 40k miles. All these were bought on FCP so just plan on doing the replacement program in the future.

1712703313422.png

Last edited:

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I have the 034 dogbone and the upper and lower inserts on K04 with like 20+ trackdays about probably 40k miles with them, no issues. My friend purchased the subframe puck removal tool and i figured i'll change out the OEM pucks for another set of OEM pucks, since the car is 11 years old and close to 100k. I chose OEM pucks because I wanted to retain the same NVH with the 034 dogbone + upper and lower inserts which was minimal and I was content with the the slop it eliminated. To my surprise when i took out the OEM pucks and compared it to the OE Lemforders, they weren't even worn, no cracks, same amount of stiffness as new. There were no bends in my 034 inserts either. Just my personal experience, I had ran poly inserts, it felt great tbh, but it did introduce a lot of NVH, if you don't care about NVH at all, the poly inserts is a good cheap way for performance vs aftermarket pucks. I also replaced the 034 tranny/engine mounts at the same time, the tranny mount was still ok with slightly more play than new, but the engine mount was destroyed after 40k miles. All these were bought on FCP so just plan on doing the replacement program in the future.

View attachment 302964
thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I'm still researching and deciding... I will probably wait until next year to buy additional mods... need to save up and bring my account balance to a healthy amount before I buy more mods. The car is paid off so that helps BIG time.

I'm happy MK6 GTI's have PLENTY of mods available and many choices to choose from.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I'm still researching and deciding... I will probably wait until next year to buy additional mods... need to save up and bring my account balance to a healthy amount before I buy more mods. The car is paid off so that helps BIG time.

I'm happy MK6 GTI's have PLENTY of mods available and many choices to choose from.
yup, having financial stability should be priority.

JOHNDERS2586

Ready to race!
FWIW, I had factory mounts with over 130K on them with a KO4 setup an didn't have any issues. I recently purchased the REVO complete set engine, trans, dog bone mounts. and really liked the quality. It did increase the noise/vibrations a bit. I've gotten used to it. IMO its part of/ the cost of modifying a car for performance.. If I wanted a smooth quiet ride id buy a Mercedes or Cadillac.. I'm also on coil overs... But I daily drive it with my 2 kids and wife most days..

clownish

just clowning around
If you still need one - I pulled an HPA 75a puck from my car. It was used for ~60k mi but looks okay IMO. If you want it, ill send it to you for the cost of shipping.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
If you still need one - I pulled an HPA 75a puck from my car. It was used for ~60k mi but looks okay IMO. If you want it, ill send it to you for the cost of shipping.
pm'd